Leads the pricing efforts for commercial operations by acting as the primary, independent source for research, competitive intelligence, and trending. Primary responsibility for guiding and challenging pricing strategy development and implementation through data gathering, analysis and reporting. Identifies critical pricing opportunities and associated risks through comprehensive research activities. Proactively consults with the marketing and sales organizations to develop impactful strategies and tactics. Provides expert consultative services to support and contribute to the business planning and annual operating planning efforts. May not directly supervise but provides functional direction to team on projects and assignments. Exercises a great deal of latitude and independent judgment in methods and techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Specialized and in-depth comprehensive knowledge and experience in a particular field, or business area. Duties are varied and complex often involving research, analysis and solution development. Provides direction on issues of area of expertise and assist department leadership in setting strategic direction. Typically, a higher level professional position. Requires the regular use of originality and ingenuity. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of field. Is generally assigned more complex and difficult assignments. Assignments are broad in nature. Typically works with greater discretion and latitude. May assist lower level staff by providing advice and guidance.
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
1. Provide information and guidance to create a pricing strategy. Create proposals within the pricing tool that enable Roche to win profitably
2. Provide consultative support to sales organization to drive new customer acquisition and base protection/growth. Take a leadership role as the internal pricing lead, and demonstrate empowerment to provide solutions that deliver mutual success.
3. Partner with Commercial Marketing to develop pricing strategies for new launches and growth of existing portfolio.
4. Continue to learn business objectives, maintain product knowledge, seek exposure to customer interaction and understand marketing requirements and trends. Complete all operational and administrative tasks accurately and efficiently. Follow expense guidelines when traveling on behalf of Roche.
5. Direct, train, coach and develop organization by demonstrating a high level of technical ability, good understanding of the business, implementation of pricing strategy, professional and persuasive bid responses. Demonstrate excellent presentation skills evidenced by the ability to present large volumes of complete data succinctly, respond accurately to challenges and to “think on their feet” following the logic of a wide variety of audiences.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Statistics, Market Research, Finance, Mathematics, Science, Business or related field.
- Advanced understanding of practices and principles of P&L profitability, pricing strategies, and/or statistics, research and analysis.
- Requires 6 years of progressive experience with research methods, analysis, financial and/or business analysis (quantitative and qualitative), pricing, and/or forecasting
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills with ability to think strategically
- Excellent written and oral communication as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Proficient utilizing MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and analytical tools
- MBA or additional work experience preferred