Our department „Biostatistics and Software Engineering“ employs more than 50 biostatisticians and data scientists in Munich, Penzberg, Mannheim and Indianapolis. We are collaborating with teams from all areas of Roche Diagnostics giving consultancy in all matters of statistics and data science. This includes the planning and analysis of experiments and studies as much as the development of new statistical methods to solve problems and the preparation of automated reports for standard analysis.
We accompany projects from the very beginning in the early development until the late stages of the final release of a product. These products can be big measurement devices for laboratories, individual assays or basically any other type of medical diagnostics tool.
The team supports the development of a new fully automated LC-MS system (liquid chromatography mass spectrometry) for clinical laboratories and is located at the Penzberg and Munich sites. We provide data analytics, statistics and algorithm development expertise to an international and interdisciplinary project team of engineers, biologists, chemists and more.
Our responsibility is to generate reliable final results from the data measured by the system that form the basis for clinical decision making. To this end we develop and implement algorithms for processing and evaluating chromatographic data and apply statistical methods for data analysis.
- You are responsible for the development of algorithms for the automatized evaluation of mass-spec data
- Your activity includes the statistical and bioinformatics analysis of mass spectrometry experiments according to project requirements
- You are responsible for supporting technical and clinical studies, writing of statistical analysis plans, evaluation of the studies and validation of the study results
- At the same time you ensure the quality of acquired data and support of submissions of study results to regulatory authorities
- You support the development of diagnostic tests and corresponding reagents and systems by application of appropriate mathematical and statistical procedures
- This position serves as an interface between test and system developers, external and internal business partners and other biostatisticians, therefore, efficient communication is very important
- University degree in mathematics, physics, bioinformatics or statistics, preferably with a Ph.D
- Preferably work experience in industry
- Expertise in algorithm development in the field of signal processing or similar, from design and implementation to testing and validation
- Previous experience with mass spectrometry data, e.g. peak integration, raw chromatographic data processing and MS data management, is a plus
- Experience in working with experimental data and application of mathematical and statistical procedures for data analysis
- Excellent knowledge of appropriate programming languages (e.g. Matlab, R) and tools for exploratory data analysis (e.g. jmp, Tableau)
- Ability to learn and use new statistical methodology, excellent analytical skills
More than your qualification you bring the following competences and skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills and eager to work in international teams
- Special interest in the development of new algorithms for peak detection
- English: fluent in speaking and writing
- Willing to travel
This position is limited to 2 years due to a project.
To make the application process as comfortable as possible for you please add only your updated CV. References and certificates are not required at this stage.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Get in touch
For technical questions, you can use our FAQ.
If the FAQ does not answer your questions, please contact our AskHR team
+49 621 759 74999 for technical questions.
Should you have recruiting specific questions on your application or the specific job posting, please contact the responsible recruiter (K. Seifert, +498856/607724).