(Senior) Principal Data Scientist
As a senior principal data scientist within our Personalized Health Care function you will work with partners throughout the global organization to use meaningful data to generate impactful evidence and insights on our molecules/ medicines and patients, that support R&D, advance scientific and medical knowledge, and enable personalized patient care and access. You would have the primary responsibility to design and implement analyses using a variety of data sources such as electronic medical records, insurance claims, patient registries, clinical trials, genomics, imaging and patient reported data (surveys, digital etc.). You will drive methodology development for use of real-world data for regulatory grade evidence generation and will partner with cross-functional teams and external organizations with considerable independence. This will require a deep understanding of molecule and disease area strategies, healthcare environments, as well as strong scientific and technical data science expertise.
- Drive methodology development for use of real-world data for regulatory purposes including but not limited to external controls, hybrid controls etc
- Identify evidence needs & recommend data solutions: Ask the right scientific questions, understand the evidence needs for research and development, regulatory and market access, and ideate and make recommendations on fit-for-purpose data and analytics solutions.
- Dive into data: Develop a comprehensive and deep understanding of the data we work with and foster learning with colleagues using analytical tools and applications to broaden data accessibility and advance our proficiency/efficiency in understanding and using the data appropriately.
- Produce high quality analyses: Apply rigor in study design and analytical methods; plan for data processing; design a fit-for-purpose analysis plan, assess effective ways of presenting and delivering the results to maximize impact and interpretability; implement and/or handle the study, including its reporting; ensure compliance with applicable pharma industry regulations and standards.
- Collaborate & craft: Collaborate and contribute to functional, cross-functional, enterprise-wide or external data science communities, networks, collaborations, initiatives or goals on knowledge-sharing, methodologies, innovations, technology, IT infrastructure, policy-shaping, processes, etc. to enable broader and more effective use of data and analytics to support business.
- MSc, PhD or similar qualification in a quantitative data science discipline (e.g., statistics/ biostatistics, epidemiology) with strong methodology focus
- Consistent track record of developing and execution of data science research projects, patient-level data analyses (e.g., real world data, insurance claims, clinical trials, registries, surveys and digital health) with publications and presentations
- Demonstrated experience with leading project scope and driving delivery in an evolving environment requiring proactivity and effective problem-solving and prioritization when faced with challenges
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills and excellent communication skills; ambitious mindset and self-direction, ability to teach others and willingness to learn new techniques
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Biometrics