As an Analytics & Insights Specialist, you are part of the Global Procurement organization and will report directly to the Analytics & Insights Manager for general and direct categories. You will be a part of the Strategy & Transformation team focusing on business intelligence and data analytics deliverables across Pharma and Diagnostics. The position is located in Welwyn, United Kingdom.
Global Procurement is a key function that delivers value to Roche by leveraging market knowledge, subject matter expertise and business insights in the procurement of goods and services and the management of Roche’s third party spend. Through collaboration with our external suppliers and internal business partners, Global Procurement helps bring innovative tests and medicines to patients.
The Analytics and Insights Specialist is responsible for the delivery, development and continuous improvement of reliable business intelligence and data analytics services which enable data-based decision making throughout the Global Procurement organization. The role is responsible for ensuring effective business partnering with specified global, local and/or regional Procurement partners, by translating business needs into actionable analysis and insights that drive effective data driven decision-making, including spend, savings, key performance indicators, benchmark reports, and metrics. The role contributes to the development of appropriate strategies to continuously adapt and improve data analytics and business insights delivery and maximize efficiencies, data consistency, and transparency in line with Procurement Strategy and Region and/or Category objectives.
1. Develop People
Develop and guide Global Procurement staff, as appropriate, in analytics and insights tools and services. Provide opportunities for professional development and contribute to feedback for project and community of practice team members.
2. Core Accountabilities
- Deliver business intelligence and data analytics specific services by contributing to the development and continuous improvement of these services.
- Translate business needs to deliver actionable insights that drive effective data driven decision making, including spend, savings, key performance indicators (KPIs), benchmark reports, and metrics.
- Deliver insights for effective decision making by understanding strategic priorities. Implement and contribute to the definition of metrics and KPI’s relevant for required categories, regions or functions to enhance day-to-day transparency.
- Support continuous improvement by providing input into the development of meaningful analytics offerings to further enhance Global Procurement quality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Analyze change impact to ensure the effectiveness of reporting standardization, enhanced analytics and self-service offerings are assessed. Ensure appropriate communication and training is provided to support implementation of the changes while minimize business risk.
- Drive service delivery change initiatives and issue resolution by partnering across various stakeholders to determine and anticipate evolving data analytics needs.
- Support the review and prioritization of new and change requests in alignment across the Analytics and Insights groups, working collaboratively across teams of Data Science, Data Engineering, Data Quality and Shared Services Centers.
- Drive identification and resolution of issues to optimize data transparency and utilization of tools.
- Ensure timely communication and reporting. Be responsible for Analytics and Insights related communication and reporting to identified stakeholders.
- Support documentation and knowledge sharing by capturing and making accessible relevant Analytics and Insights documentation, tools and reports.
- Support data analysis activities, including data gathering, mining, and mapping, addressing quality issues in preparation for analysis and data science projects.
- Support data transforming and conforming activities, standardizing data so it can be used in an integrated enterprise data warehouse.
- Designing and/or supporting the design and implementation of the findings in a visual and compelling way for end users.
- In alignment with the Capability Building function, provide content input and delivery support for Analytics and Insights specific training.
- Relevant Bachelor degree.
- Proficient experience in Analytics, Procurement, Supply Chain, Finance, Project and/or Process management.
- Strong Microsoft Office, Business Intelligence experience.
- Strong Database (i.e. Oracle) and business warehousing knowledge.
- Strong dashboarding experience with tools such as Tableau, SAP Analytics Cloud, Business Objects/BI.
- Extensive experience with analytical software such as Spotfire and Alteryx.
- Demonstrated problem solving and project management skills coupled with an ability to work in a changing environment with multiple priorities.
- Ability to collect, organize, assess, analyze, integrate and visualize data and qualitative information from a variety of sources to assess business problems, build business cases, track and monitor performance.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to multiple levels of the organization.
- Self-starter/innovative thinker, strong collaborator, and a team player with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Business level fluency in English.
- Experience an any area of SAP ERP and Procurement systems such as Ariba is desired.
- Pharmaceutical industry or management consulting experience, along with an understanding of Roche’s reporting processes, is desired.