The Head of Pharma Technical Learning Operations is responsible for leading a team of Learning Managers who provide end to end deployment of trainings and who support Learning & Development programs within the Pharma Technical (PT) network. This role works closely with colleagues and stakeholders to develop and execute the PT Learning & Development strategy. He/she prioritizes team engagement and develops a high performing agile team who has the ongoing capabilities to innovate, improve and drive standardization opportunities in PT.
- Lead, manage and develop team members according to the Roche Leadership Commitments and PT Behaviors.
- Responsible for improving the PT Learning culture to focus on competency and to improve overall PT standardization of learning efforts, using the Lean Production System (LPS).
- Seek opportunities for cross-functional integrated solutions, tools and technologies to realize synergies and reduce redundancies.
- Oversee activities related to designing and development of training, Global Training Deployment, including measuring effectiveness
- Oversee the Learning Managers who support operational requests such as learning plan management and issue resolution topics as needed, in partnership with the Learning Partners and HR Global Learning Services.
- Prioritize projects and allocate resources to meet targets, timelines and customer needs.
- Define processes for intake and tracking of projects as well as establishing governance, communication concepts and ways of working for Learning activities.
- Manage multiple stakeholders with varying needs in a complex environment.
- Be a thought leader for new and emerging learning and development trends.
- Be an active member of the PT Learning Leadership Team and ensure global deployment solutions are meeting business’ needs.
- If necessary, liaise with, negotiate contracts and manage external service providers for Learning.
Qualifications & Competencies
- MBA or Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred with experience leading teams.
- 10-15 years related professional experience within the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry (e.g. manufacturing, supply chain, quality, etc.) and learning processes and systems. Multidisciplinary experience is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in customer service, learning program management, learning theory, instructional design and training delivery
- Ability to lead, coach and work in global teams
- Ability to develop and engage a high performing agile team who is successful in a global environment.
- Previous experience in managing financial and business targets and goals.
- Knowledge of GMP and Health Authority regulations and training requirements
- Proficiency in Cornerstone on Demand or learning management systems
- Management skills to drive implementation of learning solutions, to coordinate various stakeholders and adhere to timelines, delivering a training that satisfy customers’ demands
- Ability to provide advanced coordination support to learning partners for implementation for deployment
- Strong system and analytical thinking skills to bring holistic business perspective
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply until September 23, 2019.
This position is not eligible for relocation support.
Note: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon any legally protected ground. Roche will make a good faith effort to accommodate the individual needs of applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process.
Agency notice: Please note that Roche Canada does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Roche Canada will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Roche Canada explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.