At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world. That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
As an experienced hands-on scientist at Roche you will join the Inflammation and Immunology group in the pharmacological characterization and development of small molecules and biologics that function as modulators in immune mediated inflammatory diseases. You will be responsible for leading in vivo and ex vivo studies for multiple research programs across the different stages of pre-clinical drug discovery and development.
These responsibilities capture a portion of what your work will look like:
- Collaboratively design, execute, and interpret complex in vivo studies for the validation and characterization of targets or therapeutic agents in the area of immune mediated inflammatory diseases, including efficacy and pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) biomarker studies in mice
- Concurrently perform multiple studies, including working within a matrix research environment to coordinate with project leaders and other functions
- Draft and overlook animal welfare protocols
- Help select, establish and coordinate in vivo model development, including the improvement, adaptation, or change to existing research methods
- Contribute to ex vivo analysis of somatic or immune cells by flow cytometry, IHC, ELISA, RT-PCR, or Luminex®
- Design experiments and analyze data using appropriate statistical methods and present data in a professional format suitable for external publication
- Act as an experienced partner to project teams and demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication
Who You Are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you receive the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Working in a multi-cultural environment motivates you. As fast learner you actively drive the quality of the requirements.
- You possess a PhD degree in Life Sciences (cellular/ molecular biology, pharmacology, immunology), or a closely related discipline with 5 years of relevant in vivo experience
- Proven track record of adherence to animal welfare and compliance regulations as well as formal qualifications to carry out the role of project leader on animal welfare protocols
- You have experience with rodent models relevant to inflammatory diseases; a broad knowledge of different autochthonous, induced, humanized models, and genetically engineered models is helpful, experience with animal models of inflammatory bowel disease is a plus
- Preferred experience with small molecules and/or biologics and dosing (po, iv, ip, routes)
- Desired experience with bio-luminescent imaging, flow cytometry, IHC, ELISA, RT-PCR, Westerns, or Luminex®
- Ability to effectively present scientific data and concepts to colleagues and teams is essential, as well as presenting at external meetings
- Skillfully able to interact effectively with people, both internally and externally
- You can communicate fluently in English
- Excellent data management and record-keeping skills
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
Are you ready to apply? We want someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have questions, please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.