Data Science & Services, Head of RWD Study Support leads a multidisciplinary team of Quantitative Scientists that provide epidemiology expertise to DIS organization to develop functionality of DIS product portfolio and services, develop real world evidence for DIS solutions and that support Diagnostics business with Real World Data (RWD) studies. These services include use of RWD to demonstrate clinical and health economics efficacy of DIS and diagnostics products in real-world setting, use of claims and electronic medical record (EMR) databases to explore, confirm and validate product functionality and use of claims databases to inform product-pricing discussions.
- The Head develops the strategic vision for the function and ensures the objectives, standards, deadlines and other requirements set by the business are achieved.
- The Head creates effective relationships with entire DIS organization and diagnostics life cycle teams, medical & scientific affairs, market access groups, as well as forges an active working relationship with real-world data science groups across Roche Group.
- Responsibility to further develop and expand capabilities of the team and develop team; General LM responsibilities.
- Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Sets and implements the strategic vision of the RWD function within context of DIS organization
- Actively supports DIS organization in identifying and delivering studies where RWD can add value and allow to develop better products and services
- Actively collaborates with Diagnostics Life cycle, market access, medical affairs and affiliates teams to support with RWD studies
- Manages RWD resources to ensure delivery, i.e.: best allocation of team to respective DIS products, studies, services ensuring highest quality of work
- Ensures new and innovative data sources, quantitative techniques and methods are implemented as appropriate to business needs.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key opinion leaders and talents with relevance for RWD, both outside and inside the company.
- Manages RWD Team of direct reports; and specifically:
- Recruits, ensures training and organizes work for the team
- Sets functional and individual goals and objectives which are in line with the DIS strategy
- Provides support to deliver individual goals
- Ensures effective allocation of team members to utilize individuals’ strengths and maximize outcomes
- Assess individual performance on an ongoing basis and at regular review sessions
- Proposes actions to further develop team members
- Communicates a clear strategic vision with enthusiasm and a passion for success.
- Facilitates the effective sharing of experiences and knowledge within the team.
- Develops the talent pool, including development and management of succession plan.
- Plans and controls the functional budget.
- MS in Data Science related field (Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or similar areas of academic discipline) Required. PhD in similar field preferred
- Min 10 years of professional experience in healthcare or a related field
- Experience in using advanced data science techniques to solve complex business problems
- Experience in managing quantitative scientists and analysts
- Prior experience working in Diagnostics industry is a plus
- Good knowledge of English in a business environment
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Biometrics