At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are
fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work every single day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
- Sydney based role, responsible for New Zealand + Singapore
- 24 month fixed term contract
- Willing to travel internationally and work across cultures
- Reporting to Global MSL Lead with no direct reports
Can you engage, educate and build partnerships with a broad range of Personalised Healthcare partners? In this role you're expected to establish, co-develop and implement the Medical Strategy in partnership with affiliate teams.
Activities include but are not limited to:
- Identify, map and tailor engagement approaches to influencers in order to co-create a Personalised Healthcare environment and ecosystem (e.g., scientific communities, medical societies, patient groups, consortia and academia alliances, individual experts or Leaders with Vision in Other Industries, Digital, Market Access, Country policies and regulations, etc.).
- Effectively communicate and educate partners on the value of Personalised Healthcare and the Roche approach in a non-biased and consistent way to increase confidence, participation and adoption of PHC assets
- Identify new opportunities to address unmet medical/patient needs to bring value to patients (e.g., new digital endpoints for patient and disease characterization, new patient monitoring and clinical decision support solutions, and new value-based healthcare models, etc.)
- Suggest innovative approaches to the design, recruitment, data collection and analysis of PHC evidence generation activities and enable them through liaison with key study/pilot sites
- Internally, you will help us deliver on our Personalised Healthcare strategy in assigned countries
- You will act as the catalyst for increased affiliate engagement, knowledge and understanding of Personalised Healthcare
- You will partner, support and coordinate with the local teams for the implementation of Personalised Healthcare Global Medical Strategy a compliant and culturally sensitive way.
- Support and accelerate MCL introduction to local Personalised Healthcare activities by sharing local insights, facilitating collaboration with key external partners, and supporting connections and relationships throughout Roche and beyond
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you receive the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Working in a multi-cultural environment motivates you. As fast learner you actively drive the quality of the requirements, all within accordance of local and global compliance standards.
We're looking for someone who can connect on a personal, technical and scientific level both externally and internally. In order to do this, we think you will need:
- Advanced scientific degree with affiliate and/or global industry experience is required
- Around five years (or equivalent experience) in the pharmaceutical or related industry, in an external customer facing role
- Substantial track record of scientific collaborations and developing strong relationships with a wide range of external partners
- Expertise and experience within Personalised Healthcare (e.g., knowledge on Digital Health, Real-World Data, data science, data policy, biomarkers, diagnostics according to the country needs) are preferred
You'll need to:
- Be able to use data and insights to help anticipate the future of care in defined therapeutic areas, drawing on a range of sources including publications, meetings, conferences, interaction with key experts, ongoing discussion with affiliates
- demonstrate a good understanding of Real-World Data and data science (including broad range of data types and data sources, the use cases and limitations of RWD, etc.), including the ability to manage large data sets and raw data.
- Ability to understand technological developments and their potential uses in healthcare is preferred
- have a working knowledge of advanced analytics including artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep learning is desired
Are you ready to apply? We want someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche.
This role is an individual contributor role has no direct reports.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This role is only open to candidates that have full eligibility to live and work in Australia.