Head of Manufacturing (Mannheim)
Roche is one of the world's leading research-oriented healthcare concerns. Every day, 90,000 employees in more than 150 countries contribute to improving the health and quality of life of people with a wide range of innovative medicines, diagnostics and associated services. This includes the (early) detection, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
Diabetes Care Global Operations combines our internal production activities in Indianapolis, Mannheim, and Ponce with Global External Manufacturing , Global Procurement (direct & indirect Procurement), Global Supply Chain, Global Labeling and Global Engineering as well as Operations strategy and Business Process Management.
As a global team of highly engaged people, we leverage synergies and apply best practices across all sites and functions. Each local manufacturing unit as well as the global functions is dedicated to value creation and continuous improvement of the processes.
We are committed to improving healthcare and people's lives through the manufacture of safe, effective, high-quality products in accordance with applicable regulations.
All employees are responsible for maintaining and improving our quality systems and achieving our quality objectives through daily actions.
Our focus is on achieving our financial commitments to the organization and being recognized as customer driven by delivering operational excellence and driving a high-performance culture.
Place of the position in the organization
In this position you will report directly to the Global Head of Operations Diabetes Care. You are leading a team of 8 direct reports responsible for manufacturing, mechanical and automation engineering, materials management, content management and business support with a total number of 350+ employees. You are responsible for a budget of 40+ mCHF plus the service level agreements with supporting functions from the organization and site.
The gender- and age-balanced team is committed to fund the Diabetes Care transformation strategy by supplying innovative hardware solutions.
Who you are
You are an agile and flexible people leader with a passion for the business and our people practices. As a role model for our Leadership Commitments, you are an excellent communicator with the ability to influence at all levels and to manage key stakeholder groups.
You have extensive experience in influencing business and people solutions and of leading and implementing change. You are powered by enabling and driving transformation towards agility and digitization while engaging the organization and advocating for new ways of working, empowerment and shaping a learning mindset embracing future skills.
To be successful in this role you fulfill the following criteria
• Advanced degree in a technical discipline preferably combined with an MBA
• Solid understanding of manufacturing operations and systems, lean and continuous improvement principles
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical and/ or medical devices manufacturing industries. Ideally experience in multiple functions and/ or diabetes therapeutic area
• Strong strategic and leadership ability for a multifunctional environment with proven capability to collaborate and interact with all levels of the organization in a professional manner
• Demonstrated track record of results, leadership and change management and a proven history of driving significant change in a short period of time in a positive and non-disruptive manner
• Strong interpersonal skills and an analytical, collaborative approach to problem solving.
• Demonstrated leadership through visibility, active listening, feedback, coaching and mentoring skills
• Extended communication skills, solution orientation, and ability to influence and inspire people
• Experience in developing teams to perform in agile environments
• Strong networking skills within and outside Diabetes Care organization
• Solid German and English language skills (both verbally and written) are required
Apply now - we are looking forward to it! Please send us your documents in English.
Contact for applicants
Answers to technical questions are provided by our FAQ.
For content/recruiting - specific questions regarding the job advertisement, please contact the responsible recruiter (Gwen Stroobach, 0049 173 3480476).
For a complete application, please add a current CV, a letter of motivation suitable for the position. Please note that no further documents can be added later before sending your application.