Title: R Shiny Developer
Department: Global IT Solution Center
Location: Mississauga Head Office
Duration: Full time
- Analyzing problems (business processes, transactions, data, functions)
- Defining system requirements (functional/qualitative requirements)
- Analyzing the technical and business environment (workplace, target systems and platforms, framework organization)
- Constructing models in terms of data, functions and/or objects
- Designing components and interfaces
- Implementing applications
- Setting up and maintaining environments for developing and testing
- Create and maintain project documentation (test, application, user manual)
- Project Estimating
- Specifications and implementing interfaces
- Refactoring, quality improvements, preparation of a production version and further development of the existing Shiny app prototype used for the visualization of eQTL data (internal and public data-sets)
- Developing or choosing the appropriate methods, techniques, standards, guidelines and tools for software development
- 3-6 years of experience required with minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related sciences
- Documented experience in R package and R/Shiny apps development in line with best practices (documentation, testing, modularization).
- Experience with Bio-conductor packages used in genomic data analysis and understanding of bioinformatics methods used in gene expression and eQTL analysis would be a valuable asset
- Experience with web applications development to create usable and responsive front-end solution
- Being able to understand solution architecture and role of involved software components to implement R Shiny app in a way that system does its job effectively and in a scalable way
- Experience with back-end integration via APIs (REST, JSON over HTTP, etc.)
- Experience with collaborative API design to ensure APIs follow technical standards and are tailored to their use-case
- Good cross-technical team’s communication skills to ensure the right solution is being developed looking from overall system perspective
- Dynamic and prestigious work environment, interesting projects using the newest technologies, all within a global IT function;
- Opportunity to design and implement software solutions for the world’s largest biotech company that transforms patients’ lives;
- Attractive and competitive salary and package.
- Professional development culture supported by training, development plans, and international opportunities.
Candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume no later than June 26, 2019.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Roche Canada does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Roche Canada will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Roche Canada explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.