At Roche, over 90,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
As a Digital Biomarker Scientist your role will be very diverse and will include but not be limited to:
- Contributing to the strategy of the Tissue Biomarker and Digital Pathology group
- Advising/proposing/communicating to Digital Pathology group leader and peers on digital strategy/technologies/feasibility
- Executing and representing digital biomarker strategies in project teams
- Managing internal partners and external contractors including translation of strategy into actionable work packages, ensuring that partners/contractors deliver according to plan
- Coordinating application development at RTD including leading the writing of requirements in alignment with Pathologist Leaders and BEMS; ensuring timely delivery
- Contributing to innovation through: scouting and implementing new technologies/approaches, participating to internal/external collaborations and partnerships and prototyping and feasibility to enable strategic decision-making
- Developing machine learning algorithms for the analysis of digitized histological images (fluorescence and brightfield)
- Developing code framework for data and image analysis
- Responsible for the maintenance and expansion (addition of novel features) of the digital oncology biomarker platform IRIS in alignment with users and stakeholders
- Analysing of image-derived data to enable clinical/project decision-making
- Integrating other data sources (RWD, sequencing etc) into platform/database and integrated analysis
- Discovering novel digital biomarkers/predictive features
- Communicating analysis results to project teams
- Providing scientific guidance to / Mentoring of Master and PhD students, Postdocs and interns
- Communicating and educating about digital approaches
To understand the distribution of the different responsibilities, here are the most important individual tasks:
- Contribute to the strategy of the Tissue Biomarker and Digital Pathology group 5%
- Advise/propose/communicate to Digital Pathology group leader and peers on digital strategy/technologies/feasibility 5%
- Execute, implement and represent digital biomarker strategies in project and cross-project teams 10%
- Manage internal partners and external contractors 20%
- Contribute to innovation in thae Machine Learning/Deep Learning field 5%
- Code/algorithm development, digital biomarker discovery, image and data analysis including histological image analysis 30%
- Mentoring of students 5%
- Other 20%
Who You Are
To be successful in this role, your profile includes:
- PhD (or similar relevant experience) in engineering, computer science, bioinformatics, biophysics, biology, applied math/physics
- 5 years postdoctoral experience in an academic or industry environment
- Profound hands-on expertise with Matlab and/or Python and/or C++, Machine Learning
- Matrix/Project leadership
- Interdisciplinary communication
- Experience with biomarkers, immunology, oncology, drug development, pathology, mathematical modelling, statistics
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have questions, please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.