The Future ERP Roadmap is a multi-year program which aims at enabling Roche to be sustainably successful in the future by streamlining and simplifying its business model and systems globally covering the following aspects: Harmonizing and standardizing processes and global master data; Simplifying the system landscape and interfaces; Optimizing supply chain to realize efficiencies; Digitalizing and automating procurement processes.
This role is part of the ERP Technology, Architecture & Integration function, reports directly to the Global Head and leads the ERP Application Development team.
In this role you have a great opportunity to define and implement the right target AD delivery framework for the SAP S/4 Core in close collaboration and alignment with our strategic SI partners and delivery teams. This is to ensure high quality and on-time delivery of all WRICEF developments, in-line with the “Cloud Readiness” mindset. Driving solution re-use to bring down cost, effort and time to market is key.
As the domain owner you will need to define and implement a "Key Performance Indicator" framework, provide full transparency on an ongoing basis, hold all relevant parties accountable and drive for continuous improvement.
Further main responsibilities include:
- Lead the successful design, development and maintenance of ERP solutions under Future ERP roadmap program
- Manage resources in order to design, plan, accurately estimate, document and deliver development deliverables
- Work with the program/project teams to plan WRICEF, report status and progress, manage development risks and issues and facilitate technical oversight over application development work and tasks
- Accountable for maintaining and following the Application Development Process, standards, guidelines, tools and frameworks. Live the “Cloud-Ready” mindset and be an advocate of it
- Manage and continuously improve the team’s, including contractors and SI (if applicable) technical knowledge and delivery capabilities through development planning for internal and working with vendors responsible
- Contribute in creating and maintaining ERP architecture strategy, vision and guidelines in alignment with the ERP Enterprise Architects
- Lead and inspire transformation through the use of technology by conducting assessments, leading and/or participating in PoC’s and facilitating the launch of the technology
- Actively guide and mentor Application Development Architects and others working or support Application Development work
- Apply methodology to ensure efficiency and quality of technical development (Agile development, DevOps approach, bi-modal IT)
- Drive for simplification, harmonization and reuse from application development perspective whenever possible and ensure all deviations are properly governed, recorded and reviewed on a periodic basis
You possess a University Degree or equivalent education and/or work experience in computer science, software engineering or similar field, preferably with experience working in the Pharmaceutical industry – global environment. You have team lead experience, specifically leading a development team with proven success on multiple, enterprise SAP (S/4 preferred) implementation projects
In addition, you will bring the following skills and experience:
- You have in depth knowledge of SAP Architecture, design & development to be able to review the work of the application development team and provide guidance as appropriate
- In depth experience of the entire Software Development Lifecycle incl. DEVOPS, delivering functionality on time, on budget and meeting business needs
- Outstanding understanding of the SAP Cloud Readiness Criteria and extensibility concept and deep understanding of the SAP Cloud Platform capabilities and technologies. Hands-on experience will be advantageous
- Good planning and organization skills, including ability to engage in multiple development projects concurrently and work to tight deadlines. Proficient in resource planning, including analysis of requirements, resource estimation and allocation
- Excellent team leadership and team-based problem solving skills. Ability to negotiate resolution of issues and conflict within the team and when needed, raise to the appropriate level to find resolution
- Outstanding interpersonal skills across all areas and levels and strong Supplier Management and holding them accountable
- Major transformation stakeholder management skills involving both external and internal parties
- Passion in the simplification and standardization of complex processes and IT systems and knowledge of regulated environment, Computer System Validation and experience in ITIL are desirable
- Flexibility to work outside of normal working hours and work virtually and available to travel occasionally
- Excellent English language skills are required, additional languages appreciated
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.