From within a global function, guide the selection of packaging materials and methods thereby ensuring that products have transport/tertiary packages that protect and preserve during shipping process. Work with internal and external resources to develop pioneering packaging solutions supporting new product development business goals, quality improvements, and brand maintenance/development.
What you do
- Develop performance based packaging specifications to optimize quality, operations, environmental, and supply chain cost with emphasis on cold chain packaging solutions.
- Work with external suppliers and internal cross-functional teams to identify, develop, trial and commercialize packing mediums for current and innovative products.
- Evaluate shipping/carrier, warehousing, and supply chain considerations for packaging, recommend improvements and implement the most efficient packaging solutions, considering cost, waste, damage, customer needs, etc.
- Work closely with R&D and manufacturing plants to implement new or improved packaging.
- Develops packaging specifications and testing protocols/reports for new package designs and materials.
- Coordinate bi annual recertification of all local Dangerous Goods packaging solutions.
- Perform analysis on packaging solution performance to identify areas of improvement opportunity.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or closely related discipline or equivalent experience
- Full understanding of area(s) of specialty
- Bachelor’s degree in packaging
- 5+ years packaging engineering experience in a GMP, medical device environment including 2+ years’ experience with development of cold chain packaging solutions and use of environmental chambers.
- DOT/IATA packaging requirements experience.
- AutoCAD/TOPS software knowledge and experience.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication, analytical, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels and across company lines.
- Transportation and cold chain packaging experience
This position is based in Indianapolis, IN. Qualified candidates must currently reside within a 50-mile radius of Indianapolis.