- Build large scale mobile apps for Android and/or iOS devices.
- Working in a collaborative environment on challenging tasks and coordinate releases for cross-functional teams.
- Align product and architectures to maintain a strong level of consistency of cross functional requirements such as automated deployments, libraries and frameworks that support large, complex applications.
- Structure teams in an agile way to ensure the capacity to work on larger architectural redesigns to meet scalability, performance, security or compliance needs.
- Coach, develop and grow the architectural skills, domain knowledge and technical agile practices of the organization such as CD, TDD, refactoring and clean code.
- Participate with agile product delivery teams, including internal resources as well as third party suppliers, consultants and contractors, for delivering digital solutions.
- Provide guidance to product delivery teams and conduct systematic reviews to track the general progress of our engineers’ learnings.
Key skills and experience:
- Experience with agile methodologies for continuous delivery and improvement.
- +5 years of experience working with mobile application development: Have shipped Android/iOS apps and/or Android/iOS SDKs/Libraries.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Significant experience managing mobile app development and releasing apps on the Google Play Store and/or App Store Connect.
- Able to build software with a focus on testability - Test/Behavior Driven Development, Dependency Injection.
- Experience working with teams using continuous integration, continuous deployment, and automated testing with one week iterations a plus and agile software development tools (Jira, GitLab, Jenkins, etc.)
- Previous experience with one or more of the following technologies: Objective-C, Java, Swift, Kotlin, Fastlane, Cocoapods, Gradle, AWS, SQL - recent coding experience with mastery of one or more programming language.
- Hands-on experience with developer tooling (XCode, Android Studio, Simulators etc.), REST APIs and release engineering for mobile platforms.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working with globally distributed development teams.
- Experience managing complex development partner and 3rd party relationships.
- Strong IT project delivery background.
- Product orientated with a pragmatic approach.
- Fluent proficiency in English.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of principles of user authentication and authorization.
- Experience in SSO and OAuth2.
- Experience in/with React Native/Redux.
- Understanding of reactive programming (Rx).
- Knowledge of SQLite, Realm or similar database management systems.
- Experience with Bluetooth (particularly BLE) would be of interest.