Job Title: Field Lead
Division : Commercial Operations
Location: Mississauga Site
Duration: Full time Permanent
The Field Lead is a national hybrid in-field/head office-based role that may sit on a squad with the overall accountability to represent the field and customer voice/insights in squad activities.
The Field Lead will gather and interpret insights from cross-functional field teams (Field Pod) and make strategic recommendations to the squad. As applicable, with other functional lead squad members, the field lead will establish the coordinated cross-functional field plan of action and in consultation with the Customer Engagement Lead, recommend the optimal mix and number of field roles for the squad.
The Field Lead will spend a significant proportion of time in the field interacting with customers and the cross-functional field team (Field Pod) to provide coaching/mentoring on therapeutic area and POA execution. The field lead will be accountable for leading the development and execution of training workshops and POA meetings.
Please note all Field Lead roles are located in Ontario.
Accountability 1: Cross-functional Field Insights
- Gather firsthand insights through customer interactions with field staff
- Gather and synthesize insights from national/provincial/institutional/customer level perspective through the cross-functional field team
- Provide strategic recommendations to the squad on strategy and field tactics based on insights
- Note: insights gathered can include individual customer, institution, regional, broader market insights etc.
Accountability 2: Integrated Cross Functional Field POA Coordination
- With other functional leads on squad (e.g. marketing lead and medical lead), establish and coordinate the cross-functional field plan of action for the Field Pod (e.g. sales reps, MSLs, Institution Leads, etc.) associated with squad ensuring alignment, coordination, and synergies
- Evaluate impact and effectiveness of field POA on squad goals and bring recommendations for adjustments/adaptations based on customer and field staff feedback
- Provide cross-functional field resourcing recommendations (in consultation with Customer Engagement Lead)
Accountability 3: Cross-functional Field Training / Coaching / Empowerment of a self-managed team
- Create positive team dynamics that will encourage Field Pod members to optimize their collaboration
- Assist the Field Pod to establish team norms and work solutions to maximize its effectiveness
- Provide cross-functional in-field coaching and training with focus on therapeutic area and POA execution
- Provide performance feedback coaching for the cross-functional field team members in order to empower a self-managed team
- Provide coaching to the Field Pod on the Team Goals and Individuals Goals development
- Establish a Peer-Pod (Field Pod) feedback system that enable a self-managed team to develop a real Speak-up Culture
- Lead development and execution of squad POA meetings/workshops for field staff
- With other field leads and learning and development network, assess additional skills/development training needed by field team and feedback to appropriate squads/chapters/networks to identify and develop team learning/development plans
- Master’s Degree in Science and or Education would be considered an asset, University degree is required
- 2 or more year experience in a field role or field management (required)
- Working in/leading a cross-functional team (required)
- Training role and/or adult learning principles an asset
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate field teams toward a common goal
- Experience in squad-related therapeutic area an asset.
- Experience in multiple functional roles (e.g. marketing, medical, etc) is an asset
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume by: June 21st, 2019
This position is car eligible.
This position is not eligible for relocation support.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon any legally protected ground. Roche will make a good faith effort to accommodate the individual needs of applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Roche Canada does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Roche Canada will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Roche Canada explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.