Who We Are
At Roche, over 90,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche's Pharma Research and Early Development Informatics team is the bridge between digital technology and science. We help drive medical innovation and are integral to the realisation of truly Personalised Healthcare and the development of innovative treatments for our patients.
Digital tools, such as smartphones or wearables, can now continually measure and collect vital health information – or “Digital Biomarkers” – from Multiple Sclerosis (MS) patients. Digital Biomarkers are changing how future medicines will be developed and could lead to more personalised use of new medications that will transform the lives of MS patients. Advances in wearable devices, such as phones, watches, textiles or delivery devices, which track a patient’s vital signs and monitor for symptoms, all have the potential to vastly accelerate clinical development.
Roche is dedicated to creating community- and regulator-accepted endpoints and outcomes that will redefine the measurement of MS disease progression, and thereby change the understanding of MS as a disease. We’re seeking future-thinking innovators who know how to apply their expertise to help transform MS.
As a Digital Biomarker Data Analyst for Multiple Sclerosis you will:
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Support the development of the Python-based digital biomarker signal processing and data analysis library
- Develop algorithms to extract new information from large amounts of sensor data
- Conduct data analyses of large amounts of sensor data from smartphones, wearables and other devices in Roche clinical studies
- Develop machine learning methods to extract new, additional information from sensor- and feature-level data
- Using these analyses, establish the biological, clinical and patient relevance of sensor data collected in Roche clinical studies
- Drive the understanding of the data analysis results by clinical development programs through the development of compelling narratives and presentation
- Write manuscripts for peer-reviewed journal articles to establish the biological, clinical and patient relevance of data collected in novel digital biomarker approaches
This is a temporary position.
Who You Are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. If you have these qualifications, we look forward to receiving your application:
- Excellent university degree (MSc level or BSc level with proven track record of relevant projects in pharmaceutical industry) in mathematics, statistics, engineering, natural science or informatics
- 3+ years of experience with professional Python development
- 3+ years of experience as a data scientist
- Strong experience with analyzing and visualizing large data sets
- Excellent analytical and communication skills; ability to communicate complex data analysis techniques in lay terms to very diverse and heterogeneous audiences
- Deep understanding of theoretical underpinnings of relevant data analysis methods
- Self-starting team player with strong and collaborative “can-do” attitude
- Highly efficient user of MS Office, excellent PowerPoint slide writer
- Excellent in English; excellent writing skills
Should you have these additional nice-to-have skills, you are the ideal team member we are searching for:
- Experience in a scientific role in the pharmaceutical industry, ideally with clinical studies
- Previous hands-on clinical experience with Multiple Sclerosis. Experience in Parkinson’s Disease, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Schizophrenia, neuromuscular atrophies/dystrophies is also interesting
- Solid experience with deep learning and other machine learning techniques
- Profound experience with signal processing
- Good understanding of regulatory frameworks and compliance implications (e.g. GxP, GDPR)
- Experience with remote patient monitoring
- Experience in experimental/clinical study design
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have questions, please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Helpful links illustrating recent work in our Digital Biomarker Programme team:
Digital Biomarker programme overview: