The test environment is a very important pillar in the success of IT Products. We are seeking a talented and experienced Test Architect with the initiative to drive the improvements of the test environments in terms of maintainability, reproducibility and scalability. He / she will be a member of the product definition team and will be working closely with Product Owners, SW Architects and Requirement Engineers.
What will you do?
- be responsible to bring our automated SW testing environment to the next level and be responsible for our test infrastructure and strategy.
- peering with the Test Managers to define the test automation strategy as part of the overall strategy
- peering with the Test Managers for defining strategies for non-functional tests
- supporting the Test Managers for the assessment of the test results.work closely with the Requirement Engineer to identify potential testing risks during in the early stage of the requirement definition
- work closely with the Product Owner to identify testability of the stories in the early stage of story definition, and propose test scenarios
- be always informed on the state of the art testing technologies available on the market and be a reference for testing strategy decisions
- actively propose improvements and “sell” the benefit of such improvements to stakeholders
- define the architecture of the test cases for the purpose of re-use.
- be accountable for defining the target state of the test environment and infrastructure in alignment with the stakeholders in the program and breaking it down to a development roadmap of the test environment.
- maintain and improve the test environments
- define the requirements towards DevOps, monitoring the performance of the test environments and define potential corrective action together with DevOps.
- write the documentation of the test environment in all relevant aspects.
- instruct the technical specialists for the implementation, and maintenance of the testing framework and environment.
Who you are
For this position experience in programming and automated software testing on a technical level is required. Analytical skills, assertiveness and ability to guide technical specialists are important as well.
You are familiar with applying agile methodologies in software development projects, but are no fundamentalist, and have been successfully working as a software engineer in industrial software development.
As a candidate you also fulfill the following formal requirements:
- Higher education in Software Engineering
- Working experience in the relevant fields of minimum 5 years, preferable in the medical device industry
- English written and spoken (Spanish highly beneficial)
The candidate should be familiar and ideally be an expert in some or all of the following (in order of importance):
- Testing on different levels (unit / component / integration / end to end / UI)
- Programming in Java, C#, Python
- Virtual machine management
- Visual Studio
- Build management
- Design patterns
- HP ALM
You will find:
- Excellent people, international projects and a company which we strongly believe the employees are the biggest strength so you’ll be able to take your own decisions
- Highly professional, motivated and committed team of experts working in an international and interdisciplinary environment
- Working environment with state of the art software engineering technologies methodologies and tools
- Free coffee :)