Do you want to become part of Global Engineering? Do you want to support major CAPEX projects within the Pharma Division with focus on Pharma Technical Operations (PT)?
In this role, you will provide technical leadership and discipline-related project management. You will be accountable for Building Automation Systems (BAS) and Data Historian to define technical standards but also to work in connection with the delivery of capital projects and engineering services to support PT, CMO and affiliates.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Define best-practice global technology standards for Data Historian and Building Automation Systems.
- Set up teams for drafting and organizing review and approval of standard documents.
- Manage project teams including external contractors and give clear guidance to the team in terms of technical solutions and/or business processes.
- Challenge the status-quo and develop creative solutions within the framework of Global Standards and Processes.
- Ensure timely distribution of information to relevant partners in a clear and concise way, adjusting the communication style according to the audience being addressed.
- Partner actively with key customers, team members and stakeholders, while being open and approachable with a friendly, positive and professional attitude.
In addition, you will:
- Perform technical analysis, including mechanical system and technology plant fits, capacity and equipment utilization and assessment of applicable new technologies.
- Perform the role of a Senior Expert within Automation Technology Communities of Practice. In addition, you will act as mentor and reviewer for discipline reviews for CAPEX Projects.
You have a University Degree in Engineering or related discipline with 8 to 10 years of experience preferably in the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical industry. You bring various years of experience in the area of international management of mid-sized to large, complex CAPEX projects.
You have experience in most of the following fields, in which you are an acknowledged expert:
- Data Historian (OSIsoft PI), Building Automation Systems, computer software validation, voltage power service (primary, medium and low), emergency power and UPS, lighting, grounding, fire alarm, security and voice/data systems. Hands-on experience in troubleshooting BAS is also required.
- Discipline-specific expertise includes GMP and non-GMP facilities. Commissioning and Qualification experience is expected.
In addition, you bring the following competences and skills:
- Strong business and technical acumen, strategic agility and global perspective necessary to lead the groups to excellent performance. Excellent collaboration, teambuilding and communication skills.
- Global experience and culturally savvy, can adapt to and effectively navigate in various cultural environments and organizational levels including executive management. Proficient knowledge of English and German (written & spoken) is essential and other additional languages are a plus.
This role requires significant travel. You have to be willing and available to participate in international project assignments as required to meet the business needs.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you have questions, then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.