Internship in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science - Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Text Mining
For our Intellectual Property Management team, working in the area of instruments and laboratory solutions for in-vitro diagnostic tests, we are looking for an intern who is pursuing from a Master of Science with expertise in advanced analytics and machine learning to help us explore its potential applications in Intellectual Property. As an intern you will work on an innovative project applying advanced analytics and machine learning approaches to the company’s real world.
In our project we wish to develop algorithms to process and analyze heterogeneous information stemming from intellectual property documents, using Text Mining and Advanced Analytics technologies. Natural Language Processing and Machine learning techniques, taking into account relevant keywords, are then used to train the algorithms.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Creative problem solvers, quick learners and comfortable experimenting with new approaches
- Demonstrate high productivity and enjoys dealing with ambiguity and applying novel methodologies
- Possess entrepreneurship, passion and curiosity for understanding complex data.
- Collaborate with the host team and other stakeholders to evaluate potential machine learning techniques and applications
- Design, build and interpret machine learning algorithms to address selected research questions (including preparing the input data)
- Proactively share learnings and knowledge to support the development of the wider Roche Advanced Analytics community
- Help shape the direction of machine learning and artificial intelligence within Roche
Experience and Competencies Preferred:
- Studies in Computer Science, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Text Mining or a comparable course of study
- Knowledge of a wide range of text mining and machine learning techniques and applications
- Experience applying machine learning algorithms and techniques, preferably in the area of Natural Language Processing
- Experience with technologies required to undertake analyses on large data sources or with computationally intensive steps (SQL, parallelization, Hadoop, Spark, HPC cluster computing, Docker)
- Fluency in statistical programming languages (R, Python, etc.)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Start: As of now for the duration of 3 months
Please remember that this internship is aimed at students who are enrolled or alternatively at people in gap year between Bachelor's and Master's studies.
Very pragmatic: Please upload your curriculum vitae and a meaningful cover letter online.
Contact person for applicants:
If you have any questions regarding the job advertisement, please contact Denise Peintinger, Tel. +49 7151 959 22-624.
Answers to technical questions can be found in our FAQ.
Please note before sending the application that no further documents can be added afterwards.
We are looking forward to your application!