Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED) translates extraordinary science into medical innovation through a diversity of technologies and talent located across seven research sites worldwide. We deliver on individual patient needs through a deep understanding of disease biology and the implementation of Personalized Healthcare strategies.
pRED Pharmaceutical Sciences (PS) is a single Global Function, comprised of seven research units, spanning six sites across three continents, covering area of Investigative Safety; Project Leaders and Modeling & Simulation; Clinical Pharmacology and Bioanalytical R&D; Strategic Outsourcing, Operations and Externalization; Comparative Toxicology and Pharmacology; BiOmics and Pathology.
As the Business Manager you provide business-critical oversight and support for the Global Head of Pharmaceutical Sciences (PS) and PS senior leadership (PS LT) to deliver the PS strategy.
In addition, the Business Manager will:
- Provide leadership to ensure effective implementation of central PS business management processes
- Work with relevant partner functions to manage budget and headcount status
- Contribute and achieve results through the coordination of initiatives to improve PS business processes and governance
- Manage direct reports including a Scientific Communications Manager
- Lead the coordination and management of all day-to-day activities related to the PS Global Office by working with senior leadership, administration and the Scientific Communications Manager
- In collaboration with the PS LT and Global Head of PS, organise and facilitate effective leadership team meetings, enabling timely and well-informed decision making
- Assist senior leadership to implement strategy and tactical plans in partnership with pRED and other functions within Roche
- Maintain oversight and stay informed about business-relevant activities and developments in PS, pRED, Roche and external stakeholder areas (processes, budget, organisational changes, etc.).
- Support local Finance and HR Business Partners in the regular review and oversight of budget and global headcount
- Organise and manage global PS events and meetings (e.g townhalls and annual global PS meeting)
- Support the coordination of the Operations PS team, as co-chair, in order to maintain and adapt smooth operational PS business processes
- Actively participate/assume leadership role in Roche and pRED PS programs/initiatives driving functional effectiveness, efficiency and excellence
- University education in a Life Science discipline or Pharmacy to doctorate level
- Prior history (5+ years) of industry experience in pre-clinical toxicology, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics, Clinical Pharmacology, Planning and/or Operations is highly desired
- Experience in Project Management in biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical area is highly valued but not required
- Strong ability to collaborate, communicate and lead within a matrix structure, influencing senior leaders
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), social and people skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines under pressure
- Strong organisational and facilitation skills
- Flexibility and agility to adapt to changing organisations and practices
Additional Information about the Role:
Reports to Global Head of pRED Pharmaceutical Sciences within the Global Office
International travel (up to 20%) is required
Are you ready to apply? We want someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way.
We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.