Scientist/Senior Scientist in vitro DMPK
We are seeking an exceptional individual for a Scientist position within the In Vitro ADME group in the Small Molecule DMPK Department at Genentech. The successful candidate will have a strong experimental background with an established track record of hands on in vitro ADME assay support and technical problem solving. A true experimentalist, the successful candidate has experience supporting and influencing projects with in vitro data describing metabolic stability, protein binding and DDI potential in drug discovery and/or development. At the senior level, this person will also help guide in vitro assay development and troubleshooting as well as analytical method problem soloving (LC- MSMS). They would work with our established team to deliver data and guidance to projects in our diverse portfolio that includes oncology, cancer immunology, neuroscience, immunology, and infectious disease targets.
Who You Are: Ph.D. in Biological Sciences/Chemistry or related field with 5-15 years of relevant pharma/biotech industry experience. Must be highly motivated, organized, detail oriented with excellent communication skills (both oral and written), and a good team player able to interact with a diverse group of people.
- Strong understanding of drug metabolism and ADME principles including enzyme kinetics, IVIVE and DDI risk assessment is critical.
- In depth experience with in vitro ADME assays and LC-MSMS is required.
- Experience working with project teams to guide them through ADME problem solving using in vitro data would be preferred.
- Experience in writing and reviewing in vitro reports for regulatory filing is highly desired.
- Experience with automation and liquid handling systems would be a plus.
- Advanced cell culture techniques (co-culture, MPS etc) would also be a plus.
- For the senior level position, a track record of strategic scientific leadership in the in vitro ADME field and experience managing, coaching and developing people will be required.
Who we are: Genentech's Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) department is dedicated to enabling the discovery, development and commercialization of safe and effective medicines by elucidating the absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion and pharmacokinetic properties of small molecule drug candidates. We accomplish this through the application of state of the art technologies and sciences of bioanalysis, drug metabolism, drug transport and pharmacokinetics. The DMPK group works in close partnership with disciplines such as medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, toxicology, pharmaceutical sciences, clinical pharmacology and regulatory to optimize leads, select clinical candidates, conduct preclinical development studies, support clinical evaluation and contribute to IND and NDA filings.