Doing now what patients need next. A pioneer in the development of blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery systems, Roche Diabetes Care is committed to helping people with diabetes live lives that are as normal and active as possible and helping healthcare professionals manage their patients' condition in an optimal way. The ACCU-CHEK® portfolio-from blood glucose monitoring through information management to insulin delivery - offers innovative products, services and comprehensive solutions for convenient, efficient and effective diabetes management.
Roche is a successful company that can offer exciting career opportunities. We encourage and support your development in areas of your interest which will prepare you for the next level in your career path. We know that people are responsible for our success and we value our employees. Our commitment is to create a work environment where feeling valued, respected, and empowered is a daily experience.
As a Maintenance Technician – Fixed Duration Employee ,you will dismantle, adjust, repair and assemble equipment according to drawings, operation and maintenance manuals, or sketches. You will assist in the determination of the root causes of failures and provide input on preventive/predictive options to eliminate/limit like failures. You will work under the guidance of your supervisor or experienced team members, perform simple electrical and mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems with equipment used in the manufacturing process.
You will operate power equipment in a maintenance shop environment. You will perform upkeep on maintenance shop area. You will rebuild manufacturing equipment as required. Your assignments are routine to semi-routine in nature and you will receive detailed instructions on work assignments.
You will also be responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Performs troubleshooting and corrective maintenance on simple and medium level failures to determine root cause. Work independently or with team members to complete assigned tasks
- Performs preventive maintenance
- Maintains accurate records, demonstrates good documentation and data entry practices using various software programs
- Performs tasks to support Maintenance Specialist during preventive and corrective maintenance activities, including part retrieval and repair support.
- Operates power equipment to perform component repairs and modifications.
- Competent in the use of hand tools required for maintaining manufacturing equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalency
- 1 year related operations or manufacturing experience
- Basic computer skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work in a team environment
- Associate’s degree
- Background in vocational education demonstrating a mechanical/and or electrical aptitude
- Certifications related to the field of maintenance