Informatics Engineer is responsible for leading application development efforts and establishing data engineering platforms to enable the storage, organization, dissemination, and analytics of dynamic data generated from innovative research, exploratory and clinical studies.
- Establish and maintain the technical and scientific partnership with scientific functions. Communicate effectively with key stake holders.
- Contribute to strategic planning and implementation of our data engineering platforms for multiple functions to ensure data accessibility, quality, and integrity.
- Lead and perform application design, database modeling, and software development. Evaluate systems to accommodate ongoing data management needs. Participate and lead multiple projects.
- Engage in informatics and data governance initiatives across Roche global. Influence and lead efforts to ensure delivery of relevant data services and informatics solutions with cross-functional impacts.
- Bridge the communication between the DevSci Informatics team with the other informatics teams on data engineering and interoperability.
- Maintain expertise and knowledge of technology trend and informatics landscape in our industry. Assess and identify new opportunities for data management and utilization to further drug discovery and development efforts.
- Work with both Roche internal resources and contract services to delivery informatics solutions and meet business needs.
Who You Are
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s with 7+ years relevant experience; or Master’s/PhD with 4+ years relevant experience; or equivalent experience. Degree in computer sciences, bioinformatics or related field.
- Track record of successfully delivering large scale informatics solutions to address complex scientific data challenges, and applying modern software engineering practices to deliver applications and/or scientific data analyses. Ability to make project decisions independently.
- Deep experience with database design, software development, and application as data services to enable interoperability.
- Up to date knowledge of data technology trends. Familiarity with relational and nonrelational databases. Working knowledge of scientific applications development cycles, data management techniques and infrastructure requirements. Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Java and R.
- Good understanding of R&D processes and scientific data life cycle is a plus. Evidence of business and technology acumen.
- Excellent analytical, and written/verbal communication skills. Self-motivated, proactive and a team player.
Who We Are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.