Roche Diagnostics is the no 1 In Vitro Diagnostics player globally. An important part of our success in transforming patient’s lives sits with our Global Operations function. And our Direct Procurement department plays a central role in making sure we can achieve that.
The Direct Procurement department has over a decade of experience and today we are looking to enter the next level of maturity. The steps we are taking will organically transform the department to ultimately become a specialist organization. Our vision is to be procurement entrepreneurs, with an ability to design and orchestrate innovative, agile and sustainable supplier network. And our talent will be in the driving seat.
Join our transformation journey! You can become the strategic sparring partner to our Global Operations and R&D stakeholders with regards to procurement decisions very early on in the process. Help us create a long term strategy to become a key enabler for Roche Diagnostics to grow profitably and to secure and extend its market leadership. What we have to offer is an exercise in organizational evolution, an open path to a truly global career and the chance to successfully lead through influence.
What will you do:
As you enter a mature organization, with a new vision for the future you are accountable for delivering on high value strategic projects according to the relevant Business Area / Business Unit Product Portfolio Strategy, Product Development roadmap, and annual pipeline of initiatives within DOP. The role supports the Business Area / Business Unit Lifecycle Teams and cross functional Lifecycle Project Teams by executing procurement deliverables according to defined Product Development Processes using project management methodologies, stakeholder engagement, and leveraging Roche’s category and supplier management strategies to influence and/or own decision-making in sourcing strategies.
- Deliver on assigned projects and targets – high value strategic projects according to the relevant Business Area / Business Unit Product Portfolio Strategy, Product Development roadmap, and annual pipeline of initiatives within DOP. Create all primary product development deliverables and obtain sign off for all major milestones in line with Roche’s category and supplier management approach, and in compliance with relevant policies, standards, guidelines, and operating procedures. After project execution, ensure a smooth and efficient handover to the Procurement Operations teams.
- Apply robust project management – Create and execute against project plans. Work in cooperation with Business Project Leaders / Project Managers to ensure the appropriate support is leveraged to deliver project needs.
- Establish effective project support – Ensure robust project support by leveraging category and supplier management, procurement process know-how, and Direct Procurement Project Specialist resources, where applicable. Serve as the primary contact for procurement and ensure issues and needs are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Monitor and mitigate risk – Monitor the progress of projects and pro-actively identify and report any projected risks to overall targets or timelines as well as potential mitigation strategies. Resolve issues and project risks on a timely basis and escalate issues and risks where appropriate.
- Provide feedback – Contribute any feedback to employees that have been involved in the project execution and delivery as requested by their performance managers.
What you bring:
- University degree, with Business or Life Sciences degree preferable.
- 5+ years procurement or supply chain experience delivering measurable value in strategic sourcing, enterprise cost reduction, and / or operational efficiency projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of some / all of the major direct spend categories and potential cost levers or market fundamentals.
- Strong background in strategic sourcing and supplier management in new product development and introduction in the medical device/pharmaceutical industry, or other highly regulated industry.
- 3+ years of project management experience including risk management, project reporting, and delivering quantitative and qualitative results in complex environments.
- Strong experience in upwards communication and senior stakeholder management skills supported by good interpersonal competencies (communication, influencing).
- Strong capability in negotiation, conflict resolution and stakeholder management.
- Expert proficiency in MS Project and other business systems.
- Knowledgeable in procurement specific systems and processes for the efficient management of sourcing events and contract negotiations (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction).
- Business level fluency in English and ideally German
- Availability to travel 10-20% [project / business-dependent]
We look forward to receiving your application!
Further information can be found at www.roche.de/about/standorte/waiblingen/index.html
We accept applications in German and English.
Contact person for applicants:
If you have any questions regarding the job advertisement, please contact Sylvia Elsenbruch, +49 7151 959 22 447. For technical questions, please contact our AskHR-team at +49 621 759 3372.