Global Category Manager Instruments
Roche Diagnostics is the no 1 In Vitro Diagnostics player globally. An important part of our success in transforming patient’s lives sits with our Global Operations function. And our Direct Procurement department plays a central role in making sure we can achieve that.
The Direct Procurement department has over a decade of experience and today we are looking to enter the next level of maturity. The steps we are taking will organically transform the department to ultimately become a specialist organization. Our vision is to be procurement entrepreneurs, with an ability to design and orchestrate innovative, agile and sustainable supplier network. And our talent will be in the driving seat.
Join our transformation journey! You can become the strategic sparring partner to our Global Operations and R&D stakeholders with regards to procurement decisions very early on in the process. Help us create a long term strategy to become a key enabler for Roche Diagnostics to grow profitably and to secure and extend its market leadership. What we have to offer is an exercise in organizational evolution, an open path to a truly global career and the chance to successfully lead through influence.
What will you do:
As you enter a mature organization, with a new vision for the future, you are accountable for developing strategies and leading initiatives for the Sub-Assemblies & Mechanical Parts for Diagnostics Direct Procurement. As a member of the Category Management team you are responsible for proactively identifying opportunities, engaging, and partnering with senior Business stakeholders and regional Procurement to deliver the overall Category performance and savings targets.
- You define the Category Strategy and Annual Pipeline and you identify and execute strategic Category initiatives
- You develop category guidance / content and you ensure an accurate and regular reporting
- You represent the Global Category Leader (GCL) in planning, stakeholder management, people and project management activities
- You conduct extensive and thorough risk / CSR reviews and incorporate risk and CSR strategies into Category Strategies and planning activities
- You are responsible for supplier management and continuous improvement and you build strong working relationships with key Business stakeholders and other functions such as Quality, Regulatory, Development and Legal
- You ensure contracts compliance support the harmonization of processes and technology
- You coach Procurement colleagues and provide opportunities for professional development
- You ensure annual operating activities are undertaken within the allocated budget and provide timely reporting to leadership as required
What you bring:
- University degree - with Business or Life Sciences degree preferable.
- 7+ years in-depth strategic and operational procurement experience with extensive knowledge of category management and advanced strategic sourcing.
- 7+ years overall business experience, including working within a regulated industry for regulated categories with familiarity of relevant legal risks and issues.
- Experience in managing global cross-functional project teams.
- Proven financial and business acumen (i.e. total cost of ownership, cost modelling).
- Proven capability in negotiation, conflict resolution and stakeholder management.
- Excellent communication and project management skills with an ability to lead and manage teams effectively in a truly global, fluid, interactive environment.
- Change management and process improvement skills with direct experience in delivering complex business process / organizational change.
- Experience in the application of Strategic Relationship Management principles.
- Expert proficiency in Procurement specific systems and processes for efficient management of sourcing events and contract negotiations (e.g. e-sourcing, e-auction).
- Business level fluency in English
- Availability to travel of up to 30%