Roche Diagnostics is the no 1 In Vitro Diagnostics player globally. An important part of our success in transforming patient’s lives sits with our Global Operations function. And our Direct Procurement department plays a central role in making sure we can achieve that.
The Direct Procurement department has over a decade of experience and today we are looking to enter the next level of maturity. The steps we are taking will organically transform the department to ultimately become a specialist organization. Our vision is to be procurement entrepreneurs, with an ability to design and orchestrate innovative, agile and sustainable supplier network. And our talent will be in the driving seat.
Join our transformation journey! You can become the strategic sparring partner to our Global Operations and R&D stakeholders with regards to procurement decisions very early on in the process. Help us create a long term strategy to become a key enabler for Roche Diagnostics to grow profitably and to secure and extend its market leadership. What we have to offer is an exercise in organizational evolution, an open path to a truly global career and the chance to successfully lead through influence.
What will you do:
As you enter a mature organization, with a new vision for the future, you are accountable for acting as the primary Direct Procurement (DOP) Business Partner to the Centralized and Point of Care Solutions business area (CPS BA), focusing on engagements and partnerships with OEM suppliers in the pre-commercial phase of the product lifecycle. Through strong partnerships with key stakeholders in R&D and the business, you will serve as a key conduit between those stakeholders and DOP (in particular Category Management) to effectively translate current and future business requirements to solutions. Another important facet of this role is to ensure Direct Procurement support, processes, and compliance for your area of responsibility through strong partnerships across DOP.
- Be the “voice of Direct Procurement” to the Business Area/ Business Unit, and the “voice of the business” to Direct Procurement - Translate requirements of Business requestors to Procurement activities, providing appropriate challenges to demand or specification where relevant. Direct Procurement Business Partners will either manage the request themselves, or escalate / route to Category team, Procurement Operations team or Upstream Procurement. Direct Procurement Business Partners will remain responsible for monitoring the progress of requests and providing regular updates to Business requestors.
- Build strong working relationships – Develop strong relationships with relevant Business Area/ Business Unit leaders and global / regional Procurement colleagues.
- Provide input into global strategies and plans – Gather requirements and input for the global / regional Category and Supplier Strategies and annual planning process, and provide support for implementation of global and regional initiatives.
- Drive Direct Procurement engagement – Responsible for driving Direct Procurement penetration and compliance across spend for the BA/BU(s) under their responsibility and ensuring this spend is channeled through the appropriate processes. This includes agreeing targets with regional Procurement / Category teams and performing to those targets.
- Be involved in target setting - Responsible for ensuring that Procurement targets at their locality / localities are aligned to the Region and Category team planning. Responsible for providing spend and / or performance data to support the creation of plans and monitoring of progress against these targets as requested.
- Perform ad-hoc operational activities – Perform ad-hoc, exceptional/unique or high visibility, BA/BU-specific operational activities when needed due to requirements, or capacity.
- Training - Perform continuous professional development activities relevant to their area and ensure training in processes and systems relevant to their position.
What you bring:
- University degree, with business or life sciences degree preferable.
- 5+ years procurement experience with experience in supporting cost reduction and value improvement programs, basic contracting, eSourcing and spot buying.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated understanding of translating business requirements into action.
- Strong executive stakeholder management skills.
- Experience or demonstrated understanding in pertinent BA/BU products, markets, and in Category Management as well as understanding of the major spend categories and potential cost levers.
- Proficient in systems and processes for efficient contract documentation, templates and tools (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction) with familiarity of legal risks and issues.
- Proficiency in business systems (Ariba, Emptoris, SAP etc.)
- Post graduate business related qualification.
- Experience in new product development and/or business development in the medical device / pharmaceutical industry
- Documented international strategic sourcing or cost reduction experience.
- Professional purchasing (e.g. CIPS, ISM) or Finance related licenses or certifications.
- Experience with enterprise systems and procure-to-pay tools such as Ariba, SAP or other purchase requisition technology.
- Business level fluency in English
- Availability to travel for up to 25%