Primary duties consist of the application of systems analysis techniques, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications for client computing technologies. Provide security solutions using Microsoft Group Policy so computer systems are securely locked down as needed to ensure data integrity of lab computer data. Evaluates, maintains, modifies and documents client computing device changes and root cause analysis. Provides tier-3 technical support, guidance and expertise for projects and initiatives. Can independently make decisions that impact the project level and influence decision makers. Acts as team lead supervising other team members and able to represent manager in meetings making decisions relating to area of subject matter expertise.
- Troubleshoot multiple computer platforms: Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Mobility Devices.
- Strong understanding of lab environments, GxP, system validation procedures.
- Project Manager for global/local IT initiatives and project documentation.
- Lead and deliver technical solutions for IT lab systems.
- Coordinate with other site and corporate IT staff in the resolution of issues. Ensure that resolutions are consistent with IT standards and do not introduce additional conflicts.
- Document resolutions, workarounds, and frequently asked questions for problems and service requests
- Execute the delivery of services per Service Level Agreements to customers in support of a 24x7 mission critical environment.
- Manage user accounts, access rights, device and print queues.
- Support patching / security for all lab systems.
- Maintain updated documentation on systems, such as hardware and software manuals, system site guides, change control, license agreements, and service contracts.
- Communicates information, issues and potential solutions across project teams directly to customers.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Identify, develop and implement process improvement initiatives.
- Ability to influence key decisions within areas of expertise.
- Recognized as an expert in many specific technology areas.
- Mentor and develop peers as needed.
- Assist with new service pilots, deployments, and configurations.
- Understands and adheres to incident management, request fulfillment, and knowledge management processes.
- Ensures tickets are assigned and routed to the correct groups to ensure compliance with departmental Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Identify trends for incident tickets that have breached.
- Works with solution owner subject matter experts (SMEs) to document resolutions, workarounds, and FAQs within knowledge management solution articles.
- Evaluate new technology and make recommendations as to possible departmental technology roadmaps.
- Working experience with creating and editing Microsoft PowerShell scripts as well as understanding of basic scripting concepts to administer and automate computer systems.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy Editor with extensive understanding of how group policies work, ability to create and edit group policy to secure workstations.
- BA degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of PC and Mac software and hardware for both desktop and laptop machines, in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications and Google suite.
- Strong troubleshooting skills for issues that may impact networks, printers and other peripherals.
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated skills in developing technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives. Skilled in root-cause analysis.
- Communicate clearly with technical and non-technical audiences, both verbally and written.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks among many competing requests.
- Experience supporting mission-critical production systems in an enterprise environment.
- Strong analytical skills for effective troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Ability to encourage others in fostering effective teamwork and actively solicits ideas from others.
- Can lead small projects and mentor/lead individuals in workgroup. Plays lead role responsible for key deliverables (on behalf of multiple resources) on projects. Represents workgroup on project teams and influences the decisions and direction of project. Serves as the “go to” resource for the work group or project team.
- Determine methods and procedures on new assignments and coordinates activities of others in a technical lead role.