Title: Master Data Specialist
Department: Global Product and Supply Chain Management
Location: Mississauga Campus
Direct reports: 0
Travel requirements: International travel might be required
Product & Supply Chain Management” (PTS) connects the different parts of Roche to ensure reliable supply of our innovative medicines to customers and patients. The group ensures worldwide reliable supply to patients connecting their needs to the Roche Pharma Global Supply Network. This network consists of Roche manufacturing sites, contract manufacturers and external suppliers. Lastly, PTS leads Product Management Teams within PT, develops and implements product strategies as well as designs and optimizes full Supply Chains from raw materials to final product throughout the whole product life-cycle.
The Master Data Specialist (MDS) supports the Roche Pharma business with tailored services regarding the provision of high-quality - i.e. accurate, complete, consistent, valid and timely - master data. The role is vital to enable critical business processes such as global planning. The MDS collects, consolidates and maintains the data in various systems around the world in close collaboration with the local and global functional experts. Moreover, the MDS strives for the continuous improvement of data and the relevant systems in which it resides. Furthermore, they facilitate the data maintenance process and act as a single point of contact for all master data processes and related topics.
Job description – primary duties and responsibilities
- Right First Time Code creation/ change/ extension including all pre-checks - evaluation of correct parameters and data sets
- Act as single point of contact for process stakeholders, interact with department members and collaborate with internal partners
- Verify inputs delivered by business functions according to global standards and enrich data where needed
- Create and change master data records in the respective systems based on functional business input, including mass changes
- Perform pro-active data accuracy checks to identify areas of improvement
- Take responsibility for end-to-end data maintenance
- Adhere to service level agreements regarding the creation of new items
- Report workload, process status and progress on a regular basis to Global Master Data Manager
- Identify and report maintenance related issues, analyze root-causes and resolve issues
- Actively contribute in the further development of standards and templates
- Provide input for the development of MDM-related trainings and support onboarding of new team members
- Monitor data, analyze reports and track specific activity to ensure records are synchronized, accurate & complete
- Analyze data feeds and reconcile reports which are critical to daily operations & drive data accuracy
Have we sparked your interest? Please apply if you match the following requirements:
Qualifications & Experience:
- BS degree in Science or Engineering, especially in combination with biology, chemistry or pharmacy
- Education and/or previous experience in Supply Chain, Logistics or Manufacturing Operations in a global environment
- Good understanding of SAP ERP system application with focus on Logistic (PP, MM, SD, QM) and related data objects
- Experience in Master Data Management
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing in English
- Fluid computer navigation skills
- Competent handling of MS Office applications (Excel, Word) and experience with document sharing systems
- Knowledge of supply chain management best practices
Competencies and Skills
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Cultural sensitivity to interact with internal customers around the globe
- Great organizational and time management skills as well as the ability to deliver under pressure
- Meticulous approach of working, attention to detail as well as delivery / solution-oriented mindset
- Affinity and interest for data and IT topics as well as state-of-the-art business applications
- Process and master data quality improvement orientation as well as end-to-end thinking
- Problem solving skills and proactive management of issues as and before they are arising
International travel might be required
This position is not eligible for relocation support.
Have we sparked your interest? We then encourage you to submit a cover letter and resume no later than June 26, 2019.
Note: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon any legally protected ground. Roche will make a good faith effort to accommodate the individual needs of applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process.
Agency notice: Please note that Roche Canada does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Roche Canada will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Roche Canada explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.