Are you an experienced Payroll professional looking to broaden your expertise into the Reward field in a world leading company in biotech and medical diagnostics, with Fortune 500 ranking?
Does it excite you to work with diverse internal and external stakeholders to ‘do now what patients need next’?
If your answer is yes to both these questions, we welcome you to apply for a Payroll & Reward Specialist opportunity at Roche Diagnostics UK & Ireland, based in Burgess Hill (West Sussex), UK.
About the organisation:
Roche Diagnostics UK & Ireland is in an exciting phase of growth, where the business is channelling its energy, focus, functions and processes towards enhancing customer and patient experience in the countries it operates in. As the medical diagnostics market-leader in UK & Ireland, the organisation recognises its responsibility to the healthcare system and will continue to remain agile in developing new ways of working, with a growth mind set.
About the role:
We are looking for an in-house Payroll and Reward Specialist to support our successful business which continues to grow at pace. Our health care organisation has a passion for providing the best employee experience and is looking for a like-minded candidate to put their people at the heart of what they do, by delivering an expert and professional payroll and reward service, acting as the subject matter expert for statutory (regulatory) and procedural matters.
You will have autonomy to manage the UK & Irish payroll service for ca. 600 employees - including reviewing the payroll input, performing the validation of monthly data changes, obtaining sign off and providing confirmation to our payroll service providers. You will additionally be part of the UK Reward team whose mission is to design and deliver the UK Reward Strategy across all Roche affiliates in the UK/Ireland. The role will involve responsibility for the integrity of our local UK and Ireland Job Catalogue.
Your role will involve attending meetings at our UK site in Hertfordshire, as well as occasional visits to see external vendors elsewhere in the UK & Ireland.
Your main responsibilities & accountabilities will include:
From a payroll perspective:
- Management of the UK & Irish payroll reconciliation process
- Preparation of monthly payrolls, including processing all payroll changes including back pay
- PAYE & NI reconciliation (including annual activities such as P11s submission process
- Identify and implement continuous improvement across the payroll and reward as we recently moved to Workday
- Prepare analytics and insightful reports to the HR Leadership Team and Business as required
- Respond and resolve payroll and tax related queries
- Manage the work flow between Workday and our third party Payroll Providers (Resource Link in the UK and Jefferson in the Republic of Ireland)
From a reward perspective:
- Support the annual merit review cycle and conduct all the activities in collaboration with the UK Reward and HR Business Partners Teams
- Review the external salary benchmarking data to advise on job evaluations and provide advice to local HR and business teams
- Support with recognition and incentive schemes
- Interrogate data and provide management reporting
- Ensure integrity of the distribution of pay reference points and grade levels across all job families of the UK and Ireland
- Represents the Diagnostics perspective in the planning process for communicating key Reward messages, including the coordination with external partners
This is a busy role and you will need to use your previous payroll specialist expertise and show initiative in order to fully carve out your contribution and drive key improvement initiatives. You should have previous experience and strong interest in rewarding people topics. You should be extremely organised and used to working at a fast pace. You must have high attention to detail, able to be a quick study whilst working independently and as part of a wider team of HR professionals.
- Degree educated or equivalent in Human Resources or related business field.
- First successful experience in Payroll and Reward.
- CIPD/CIPP Level 3 qualified, part qualified or equivalent is desired.
- Significant payroll management experience with a proven track record in a similar role (ideally gained in the healthcare industry)
- Track record of confidently using HR and payroll administrative systems and processes (i.e. Workday, SAP, ADP etc.)
- Experience of management of payroll via a 3rd party payroll bureau
- A track record of continuous improvement projects from conception to completion
- Experience in management of salary sacrifice arrangements
- Preparation of all tax documentation, e.g. P60’s & P11D’s etc
- Advanced Excel skills with all round strong Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills to draw insightful reports – with high attention to detail
- Knowledge of HMRC regulations of PAYE and NI
- Passion for driving continuous improvement, optimization and innovation to redefine best practices in payroll and reward management
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management
- A quick study with strong problem solving, organisational and prioritising skills
- Able to operate independently and as part of a close knit team of HR professionals located locally and remotely
If this sounds like you and you wish to join an organisation that prides themselves on long lasting experiences and is doing what patients need next, apply now.
Investing in you
Roche is a company that not only invests in its business – over £6.5 billion in R&D worldwide, including £460 million in the UK last year – but equally importantly in its people.
What this means for you is, not only a competitive salary and benefits package, but also a recognised product training programme and continuous support to build on your knowledge, skills and potential, helping you prepare for the exciting opportunities for further career development. All of which has gained Roche 2019 Top Employer status in the UK and Europe and The 2019 Sunday Times’ Award as one of the 100 best companies to work for.
Reference: Job ID: 201904-109996 Payroll and Reward Specialist
Application closing date: 8th May 2019