Who we are:
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity, and on seeing each other’s differences as an advantage. To innovate healthcare, Roche has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing – and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves.
You will be an integral part of the Pathology team and will be responsible for interacting with the medical community, Laboratory Medical Liaison Officers, client services team, marketing, and clinical affairs to support our first to market high value tests across the clinical chemistry, immunoassay and haematology portfolios. You will also create the marketing strategy, market shaping and referrer materials to help promote these high value tests into the market place. You will play a primary role in communicating the clinical and scientific value of our tests in both informal and formal presentations. You must be confident with public presentations in a clinical setting at national and regional meetings. In addition, you must be comfortable communicating with physicians and other clinical staff on the telephone and in person on clinical protocols. You should also be willing to work in a fast paced environment and be hands on in all operational aspects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Education of referrers, laboratory Medical Liaison Officers and the medical community
- Meeting with relevant stakeholders to present the science and clinical utility of high value clinical chemistry, immunoassay and haematology tests
- Acting as a resource for clinical/scientific questions and training related to clinical chemistry, immunoassay and haematology testing from internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively work with the medical community ordering tests to ensure appropriate dialogue and sharing of information with their patient population
- Formulating market shaping, marketing strategy and marketing collateral for high value tests
- Assisting in the preparation of abstracts and manuscripts; presenting at regional, state and national meetings; and providing exhibit booth support
- Surveying the competitive landscape in regard to peer reviewed and promotional materials and creation of internal marketing material.
Who you are:
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Relevant undergraduate degree with postgraduate qualification in science
- 3-5 years’ experience within a clinical diagnostics laboratory
- Strong technical experience within medical affairs
- Medical/Pharmacy/Life-Science qualifications
- A PhD or medical qualifications are preferrable
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Travel: 30-40% as needed to support regional and national meetings and events
- Excellent communication skills and experience with public speaking required
- Able to influence and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with key opinion leaders and other medical professionals
- Experience in promotional review and complex medical/scientific information inquiries
- Team player
- Highly developed presentation and organisational skills
- Computer Literacy – particularly competent in Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Current driver’s license (mandatory)
- Successful track record of working in scientific sales is desirable
- Understanding of marketing principles is desirable
In return, we are offering a competitive salary package including base, bonus, and superannuation. A vehicle allowance and all tools of trade will be provided.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Kathryn Hearn, Human Resources Business Partner on 02 9860 2327.