We are looking for an Associate Scientist to join our Applications Team and assist with applications and automation development projects. This individual should be eager and enthusiastic about learning molecular biology and analytical techniques, as well as next generation sequencing (NGS) workflows.
Assist with applications and automation development projects, including:
- Performing DNA and RNA extractions from a variety of tissue types;
- Generating NGS libraries for DNA and RNA sequencing applications, including target enrichment;
- Performing quality control (QC) for NGS sample preparation using a variety of analytical tools, including the Agilent Bioanalyzer, Qubit, Nanodrop, and qPCR;
- Examining QC data and communicating results to project lead;
- Conducting Illumina sequencing runs; and
- Documenting all lab work in a lab notebook.
Be responsible for a number of lab management activities in our Applications Lab, including:
- Coordinating the regular ordering of reagents and consumable;
- Scheduling equipment calibration; and
- Maintaining key pieces of equipment.
Limited travel (~10%).
- A B.S. Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or relevant Biological/Biomedical Science or Engineering discipline.
- A minimum of 6 months’ lab experience.
- High level of self-motivation with a collaborative personality.
- Critical thinking, attention to detail, and thorough recordkeeping.
- Scientific curiosity and interest in learning new techniques.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to balance multiple projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Hands-on experience with nucleic acid handling and manipulation.
- Hands-on experience with NGS library preparation.
- Industry experience.