At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
The Analytical Development Biochemistry group, located in Basel, is an integral component of how we innovate healthcare through the invention of differentiated medicines for treating diseases of current unmet medical need. This internship program integrates seamlessly into European-based University degree program and therefore we offer the most talented students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience with us.
Your main accountabilities will be:
- Performing an initial training in relevant equipment, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) regulations
- Familiarization with established High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) methods for surfactant content determination in biotech drug product samples
- Developing and optimizing those methods with special focus on highly concentrated protein samples to overcome matrix effects
- Comprehensive documentation of performed experiments and developed methods
We are keen to discover talents who are passionate about learning and show great curiosity in discovering new things. At the Roche Headquarter site in Basel/Kaiseraugst, employees from over 90 countries are doing now what our patients need next. We contribute our share towards achieving our mission and to make our vision of personalized healthcare happen. We offer you a multicultural workplace in a modern environment, which at the same time requires you to be open-minded and adaptable. You provide us with examples that prove your ability to cultivate collaborations with different partners. This also means that you continuously contrast your results with others and acknowledge the benefit of collaboration and communications. As an intern you will be a member of the Roche Interns Network that offers you chances to connect, have fun and get to know Basel, in the heart of Europe.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you receive the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Working in a multi-cultural environment motivates you. As fast learner you actively drive the quality of the requirements.
What do you need in your toolbox?
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Master‘s degree within bio - (analytical) chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, food chemistry or related fields
- Hands on experiences in the field of HPLC separation techniques for biomolecules (e.g. RPC, etc.)
- You are engaged to increase and share your theoretical and practical knowledge on the important field of formulation analysis
- Highly self-motivated and science driven
- You are an enthusiast of new technologies and you easily show engagement with people
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
The preferred start date of the internship is August 2019 or upon availability for 6 months. Please clearly indicate your preferred starting date and duration of the internship on your motivation letter. Applications need to include a CV and a motivation letter both merged in one document.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Due to regulations non-EU/EFTA citizens must provide a certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory as part of the application documents.
Roche strives to be an equal opportunity employer.
Do you have any questions? Please call the Recruiting Team Switzerland: +41 61 682 25 50
Tags: ROiLS; ROiBY; ROiBT; ROiCH; ROiDS; ROiPS