A seasoned professional with wide-ranging experience. Deals with diverse and often times complex issues, where analysis may require in-depth evaluation of many factors. Exercises judgment in evaluating methods and may determine criteria for obtaining solutions. May coordinate the activities of other employees. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in area of expertise as well as some key contacts outside area of expertise.
Responsible for leading the generation of sales for an assigned set of named accounts or territories. Assigned to large, complex, high visibility, strategic or tactically important accounts. This often includes a cross section of customers with more complex or larger accounts. This role involves contacting and visiting existing and prospective customers, and may also be involved in account expansion and acquiring similarly significant new accounts. Additionally, may assist in developing and implementing national sales campaigns and sales strategies for medium to large accounts. The position requires significant levels of sales proficiency as well as specific industry experience.
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
This is a field based role on the East Coast covering VT, NH, MA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, DC, VA, ME, CT, and PA. Ideally the candidate will live in New York, Virginia or New Jersey.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assume an active leadership role during the collaborative development and implementation of sales strategies to attain assigned sales objectives.
- Utilize strong product/market knowledge and sales experience to manage complex sales and resolve customer questions and concerns. .
- Continuously build knowledge of current industry trends, competitive information, and industry/technical knowledge and share with other Roche colleagues.
- Retain, extend, and acquire customers through effective identification of opportunities and the creation and implementation of solutions.
- Establish and build strong client relationships that allow for growth, profitability and predictability. Communicate with other relevant Roche functions to ensure needed sales support and delivery of programs/products.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years relevant sales or equivalent experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including making impactful presentations
- Proven leadership abilities
- Negotiation, contracting and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a regulated environment
- Strategic planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of technical and market issues/factors