Are you looking for a new and exciting bids and proposals role in which the support and coordination work you do really matters?
Does a rewarding career with a progressive, world leading company in biotech and medical diagnostics, with Fortune 500 ranking, excite you?
If you’ve replied yes to these questions, we welcome you to apply for an exciting new 12 month contract opportunity as a Commercial Bids & Proposals Coordinator at Roche Diagnostics UK & Ireland, based in Burgess Hill, West Sussex.
Roche Diagnostics UK & Ireland is in an exciting phase of growth, where the business is channelling its energy, focus, functions and processes towards enhancing customer and patient experience in the countries it operates in. As the medical diagnostics market-leader in UK & Ireland, the organisation recognises its responsibility to the healthcare system and will continue to remain agile in developing new ways of working, with a growth mind-set.
Short intro to the group
In this integral position you will play a lead role in the tendering process, from the first OJEU notice to contract award for the UK & Ireland Diagnostics teams. You will be the focal point of communication between the customer and our internal stakeholders during the proposal and award phases. You will co-ordinate Roche’s responses to commercial proposals and assist the Tender Bid Manager with pan-pathology tender bids raised by our clients (public and private pathology laboratories).
Reporting to the Commercial Bids and Proposals Manager you will source procurement opportunities and lead the preparation and submission of winning proposals. You will collaborate with cross-functional bid team members to help respond to requests for proposals, tender bids and requests for information. Key outputs of your efforts will ensure on-time delivery of compelling, compliant, and well-written proposals.
Upon award you will ensure all tender stakeholders are fully appraised of the results and scorings obtained. You will then facilitate a smooth handover to the legal and project teams to enable robust and timely implementation, and contract go-live.
- Take prime responsibility to identify relevant opportunities for the UK & Ireland organisation in the public & private sectors.
- Distribute all supplier questionnaire (SQ) and invitation to tender (ITT) documentation, and other forms of proposal documentation to internal stakeholders, with clear instructions for completion within the defined deadlines (internal, clarification & customer).
- Take the lead and arrange the tender kick off meetings for bid teams and help define the content of discussions.
- Review the tender documentation and assign sections to the relevant members of the bid team and subject matter experts.
- Support the Bid Manager in setting up the temporary project structure; defining roles & responsibilities amongst bid team members.
- Ensure all clarification dialogue to the Authority or third party partners is apportioned correctly, acted on and recorded in the clarification log.
- Ensure the bid or proposal is submitted to the customer with the necessary authorisation and sign off.
- Ensure the final bid or proposal is proof read and formatted according to the Roche corporate policy.
Who you are
Qualification & Experience
A level in either English or Maths
Experience in using Microsoft Packages (Word and Excel)
Prince 2 Foundation and/or APMP Foundation Certification
Previous experience in a tender/contracts administrative position
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes
Demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
Excellent Communication skills
Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise work load
Experience managing several tasks simultaneously
Previous experience with tender management tools
Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want to be part of a passionate team, to make your mark and improve lives, apply now.
Investing in you
Roche is a company that not only invests in its business – over £6.5 billion in R&D worldwide, including £460 million in the UK alone last year – but equally importantly in its people.
What this means for you is not only a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, but also a genuine interest in your development and progression. This has gained Roche 2019 Top Employer status in the UK and Europe.
When completing your application please ensure you attach an up-to-date CV and details of your current remuneration package.
Application deadline: 2 weeks from posting date