LATAM Business Development Director
We are looking for an innovative and experienced leader to be Business Development Director for Roche Diagnostics Latin America (LATAM). This role will champion the systematic engagement and unique partnership opportunities with the leading IVD payer/provider customers in Latin America for the sustainability of our regional business growth and development of our healthcare systems as a whole. In close collaboration with all affiliates Affiliate, Regional and Global stakeholders, s/he will create and implement structured and effective strategies and lead 360° account plans for local and international Key Accounts, integrating Sales, Medical, Marketing and Service to guarantee a unique and differentiated customer voice and maximize our business development opportunities. Reporting to the LATAM Head of Business Development & Commercial Excellence, s/he will lead a team of Business Development professionals across LATAM, lead different cross-functional delivery teams, and liaise directly with Roche EMEA-LATAM regional and Global structures.
Your key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Within a collaborative matrix, lead, coach and develop a team of Business Development professionals with diverse backgrounds, skill sets and accountabilities.
- In close collaboration with affiliates Affiliate, Regional and Global stakeholders, envision, co-create and forge sustainable business relationships and mutually successful partnerships with International Key Accounts.
- Lead 360° account plans for local and international Key Accounts, integrating Sales, Medical, Marketing and Service to guarantee a unique and differentiated customer voice and maximize our business development opportunities.
- Cultivate LATAM commercial talent by initiating regular talent reviews, succession planning, mentoring opportunities and development initiatives.
- Commission, lead or participate on cross-functional teams in EMEA-LATAM as needed.
- Advise LATAM affiliates on optimum commercial organization, sales force deployment, account management, resource allocation, incentive structure, potential assessment and business planning, as well as embed Commercial Excellence competencies.
- Update the key roles and responsibilities as well as identify new sales tools to aid in the development of better work plans and systematize and share best practices.
To be successful in this role you bring the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in business management. MBA and/or post-graduation are a plus
- At least five years of experience in commercial leadership positions and experience working internationally and within a healthcare and In-Vitro Diagnostics context
- Strong strategic thinking skills and high business acumen. Ability to define medium-long term strategic plan while delivering on short term results and quick wins
- Track record of delivering outstanding results through careful planning, innovative approaches and skillful adjustments and of success in a matrix organization
- Strong management and stakeholder management skills, well organized with ability to prioritize, able to simultaneously initiate, motivate, lead and complete multiple tasks with and without direct authority
- Sound leadership, negotiation and influencing skills. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to simplify and articulate complex information/situation at the right level of detail depending on the audience and topic at hand
- Fluent in English and Spanish. Portuguese is a plus
- Prepared to travel frequently (~40% of time)