*position will be moving from Pleasanton, CA to Santa Clara, CA in 2020*
Conducts technical training courses for customers and/or employees in the use of complex situations for multiple products. Interacts with customer and functional organizations to develop specifications for content of courses. Prepares lesson plans from engineering documentation, field service requirements or software documentation. Works with engineering, technical support and manufacturing to ensure that course material reflects current product features. Instructs participants in both classroom lectures and laboratory sessions. Follows up to determine applicability of course material.
- PLEASE NOTE*** this position will be mostly located in Santa Clara, CA with possible up to 2 days per week in Pleasanton, CA
- Supports the definition of and adherence to service-, training- and support concepts.
- Reviews and maintains training content and training documentation for job oriented trainings and dedicated systems according to the training concepts. Trainings are executed and supported for end customers, first level support, regional trainers and global staff. Contributes to the training methodology for all job oriented trainings
- Offers 2nd level support hotlines for affiliates and regions in order to minimize system down times, allowing for a fast workaround or solution. Multi Center Evaluation (MCE) studies are actively supported.
- Provides on site support for local and regional service activities to ensure success in repairs, applications, modifications and first installations. Supports resolution of customer problems with quick fixes and workarounds.
- Contributes to the knowledge transfer from manufacturer or R&D (new products or product care projects) to provide comprehensive system knowledge to trainers, service representatives, customers, Product- and Marketing Managers and Case Monitoring and Resolution Unit (CMRU) members.
- Contributes to the maintenance of a product specific knowledge pool. Provides information in correct structure.
- Optimizes processes continuously to increase quality and efficiency standards.
- Contributes to support initiatives and measures to maintain intensive cooperation with regional representatives.
- Performs initial certification and re-certification of global trainers and regional trainers, after completion of the trainer education.
- Supports the provision of GCS service deliverables for all relevant milestones in development and product care projects. This includes service requirements, the review of Detailed Technical Descriptions (DTDs), Software Requirement Documents (SRDs) and the participation in service design reviews. Supports First Customer Monitoring (FCM).
- Contributes to the creation of preliminary documention and FAQs for launch preparation. Writes, publishes and maintains Service Bulletins (Product Bulletins are out of scope). Operator Manuals are reviewed for content. Creates instructions for use.
- Contributes to the provision of Service Manuals (iSDOC) and service relevant information. Maintenance procedures are reviewed and updated.
Bachelors degree (e.g. Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology)
Job related experience:
Minimum of 1 year of experience as a product specialist or comparable experience including:
- Field experience
- Laboratory experience
- Trainer experience
- Trouble shooting skills
Plus with experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Applications, workflows and Systems.
- Relevant experience in the diagnostics industry desirable incl. - Field experience - Laboratory experience -Trainer experience