At Roche, 93,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche Diagnostics International Ltd in Rotkreuz employs over 2300 people and is one of the main sites of the global Diagnostics Division, the world market leader in in-vitro diagnostics, of the Roche Group with headquarters in Basel. As a world-leading supplier of diagnostic system solutions for hospitals, laboratories & medical practices, the products provide health information to medical decision makers pivotal for early identification, diagnosis & therapy monitoring of diseases.
In the User Experience Team we are responsible for designing many aspects of the user experience of products and solutions. Embedded in program and project teams, we provide all UX related services needed for successful development projects. We design products which will be integrated into overarching solutions and we have to ensure regulatory compliance of the design process and the deliverables. To share experience, improve efficiency and promote standardization across the whole division, we provide trainings, best practices and standards. The project portfolio of our department consists of product developments (hardware, desktop and mobile software), strategic support, e-services and innovation projects.
Who you are
You are looking for a position where your contribution improves the daily work of people and where improving the lives of patients is the top priority of the company.
You are interested in the big picture and want to connect the dots others cannot even see. You think in alternatives and solutions. You are a good networker who likes to stay in touch with stakeholders to identify their needs and to manage their expectations. You can work independently, but you know that excellent UX design requires teamwork and knowledge sharing. You do not only challenge others but also yourself to continuously grow and improve.
We are looking for an experienced UX designer who is motivated to work in an international and highly professional interdisciplinary environment.
Support and guide multiple project teams concerning planning, coordination and execution of UX design from project idea to post launch phases
Help Product Owners defining and conveying solution and product roadmaps.
Plan and execute user research around the globe with the support of external partners. Transfer the research-results into actionable conclusions.
Elaborate design concepts and user interface specifications for highly specialized products in close collaboration with business representatives, end users and development teams.
Manage stakeholders and expectations, clearly articulate design needs and key decisions.
Plan, execute and analyze usability evaluations.
Lead UX designers and external partners to solve design challenges and to maintain a good level of design consistency and coherence across client products.
Work with project teams across the globe which may require travelling up to 20%
Professional Experience and Education
- Bachelor/Master in Psychology, Interaction Design, Usability/Human Factors, Design or comparable education
- At least 5 years of working experience in multiple projects in the field of UX
- Hands-on experience in wide range of UX methodologies (e.g. ideation/design-thinking workshops, JTBD, customer journey mapping, storyboarding, interview techniques, usability evaluation) and the capability to come up with creative solutions as needed
- Fluent in English
- Good verbal and visual communication skills
- Strong sense of independence, ownership, and initiative. Ability to self-direct and manage what to work on and when to get support to get the job done
- Good analytical skills
- Positive attitude towards people, ability to connect to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Technical understanding of web and multi-platform applications
- Working experience in multicultural environments
- Experience in healthcare or other highly regulated industry