Responsible for providing strategic leadership for assigned products/segments/areas. Inspires and leads a high performing team. Influences and leads local and key global stakeholders beyond direct managerial authority. Leads the development of the marketing plan and launch programs to create demand and maximize sales of a specific segment/product, product line, or customer segment/product area. Provides leadership for activities such as business development, product/brand/segment management, product launch, advertising, event management, public relations, market research, pricing, forecasting, and/or product strategy implementation to achieve marketing objectives. Responsible for or supports the product lifecycle planning. Develops production and marketing strategies to ensure effective product placement relative to market opportunity. Develops marketing / segment plans by translating them into operational and profit plans to achieve and/or enable market growth and objectives. Leads the analysis and evaluation in order to make decisions on marketing actions. Researches market conditions and preferences in local, regional, or national areas to determine potential products and services. Develops overall objectives and long range goals of the assigned area. May develop all marketing deliverables for product commercialization and lead development of product labeling required for development, and US launches.
Assist the Director or senior leadership in overall operations of assigned department(s). Contributes and achieves results through the management of subordinates (professional and support staff). Establishes and manages the department’s budget and all assigned resources. Provides leadership to ensure department objectives and goals are achieved.
Directs and implements tactical and strategic plans. Has full discretion on all employment decisions for assigned team including hiring, training, performance management, and progressive disciplinary actions.
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
Lead the marketing and product development team for Enterprise (1Roche) Products and Services, including Automation, Roche Healthcare Consulting, Enterprise IT Services and Strategic Marketing Services. Responsibilities will include development and implementation of the marketing strategies, tactics, and initiatives, ensuring that all key business processes are executed as designed and ensuring an overall alignment to goals. Development of metrics and analytics to track performance of the team’s strategies and tactics to ensure attainment of organizational goals. Will serve as the global liaison for marketing strategies and tactics to ensure alignment with global vision and lifecycle plan. Monitors competitors to gather information in the areas of products, pricing, and resource deployment.
- Develops corporate short and long-term goals, and objectives for specific area of responsibility. Determines the profitability and viability of targeted segments, new products or product enhancements. May develop production and marketing strategies and tactics to ensure effective product placement relative to market opportunity, working closely with product development for a specific product, brand, or product area over its entire life cycle.
- May direct market research to develop and communicate business and customer insights and information. May direct Human Factors testing to understand/identify customer insights, requirements, & preferences for product features/design and marketing strategies. May work independently or with a team to design, implement, analyze, and communicate findings.
- May interact with and/or provide direction to engineering, manufacturing, sales, and/or product development teams across various business areas/departments to enhance existing product(s) or product line(s). May develop marketing deliverables for product commercialization including leading development of user documents and labeling required for product development and launches. May be responsible for all promotions, value creations, positioning, competitive analysis and rollout through the sales force and all other channels.
- Directs the development of marketing programs for assigned area(s). Responsibilities may include any of the following: assessment of existing and potential markets, product lifecycle pla nning, c oordination of technical product development, development of product, segment or focus strategies, definition of promotional activities, establishment of pricing strategies, definition of promotional activities and product launch. May implement multiple channel programs; directing the development of company market requirements for specific product(s) or product line(s).
- Responsible for establishing the creative direction and driving within the team and all outside vendors ensuring compliance with brand guidelines and all other policies and procedures. Develop solutions that support and align with marketing objectives and are consistent with our established strategy.
- Create and drive strong linkage to other functional areas, business areas, and colleagues, to ensure achievement of objectives with successful stakeholder management and effective resolution of issues. Develop and maintain strong relationships with key customers and other key external individuals.
- Train and provide ongoing coaching and performance management to support continual enhancement in overall productivity and career development of all direct reports.
- Ensure the appropriate integration of the portfolio into the overall franchise solution as well as the enterprise solution.
- May be responsible for identifying opportunities within their assigned segment / focus area and engaging local stakeholders to maximize impact of programs in the market.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales, or related business or scientific field
- 5 years of progressive marketing experience or equivalent work experience
- 1 year of previous management or supervisory experience
- Proficient in customer segmentation, as well as product, environment, and value creation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to motivate and influence in a positive manner
- Proven record of multi-tasking and ability to handle a high-pressure environment with significant timeline pressures
- Excellent leadership qualities, including motivating others, team building, and credibility
- Strong leadership experience with demonstrated ability flex between multiple leadership styles quickly
- Proven track record of people leadership, including team development and growth
- Experience setting a strategic vision and leading a team through execution
- Demonstrated ability to lead through ambiguity
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated success in leading development and execution of multi-channel marketing campaigns