Principle Roles & Responsibilities / Accountabilities
1. Patent administration work including but not limited to paralegal’s role in
(1) Creating invention disclosure record and patent family record in Roche system/platform
(2) Uploading patent filing documents to the system or sending the patent filing documents to patent filing team
(3) Safe handling of patent managing system (TIPM)
(4) Reliable management of files in First to File (upload of documents e.g. reply of Office Action, filing text, workflow creation, etc. )
(5) Monitoring and handling all correspondence for patent attorneys, including but not limited to request for substantive examination, reply to office actions, Hongkong registration, payments, amendment, divisional, restoration of rights, etc.
(6) Monitoring due dates
(7) Downloading, uploading and updating cited reference documents to the system
(8) Downloading, retrieval of documents (for example, copy of patent registry book, patent publication document) upon request
(9) Responsible for patent relevant document execution, for example, execution of assignments, US declarations, PCT declarations, etc.
(10) Responsible for translation, notarization and legalization of documents by working with law firms, translation firms, notary public office and other public services
(11) Supporting service invention matters
(12) Supporting patent attorney in compilation of documents (family reports, patent documents etc.)
(13) Drawing of chemical formulas per template and Preparation of sequence listing
(14) Managing documents
(15) Other routine work
2. General administrative support, e.g. record keeping, travel request and approval, hotel/flight/restaurant reservation, visa application, reimbursement, procurement for the department, organization of meetings/team building / TC/VC / department activities, prepare power-point presentations and excel-sheet, etc.
3. Other Assigned administrative tasks
4. All the above work, particularly the patent administration work, shall be completed correctly, accurately, timely and professionally.
Qualification and Experience
B.S., preferably in pharmaceutical, chemical or biological sciences
Effective communication skills
Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team
Capable of making decisions
A considerable degree of flexibility and the capability of setting priorities to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Strong customer-service focus to build and sustain good working partnerships with key stakeholders
Job Required Competencies
Being careful, accurate, and detail oriented
Fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese, written & oral
Experiences in patent administration/operation work
Basic understanding of the patent law
As the ideal candidate, you are highly motivated, possess excellent communication skills, enjoy working in multidisciplinary teams and are fluent in English. And we offer a competitive total package and other benefit with a professional working environment.