The Field Applications Specialist provides on-site applications support for Roche Sequencing and Life Science customers by providing instrument installations, customer training, and troubleshooting support. Provides customer guidance to facilitate site preparation and coordinates resources for efficient installation of systems and workflow. Partners with sales colleagues to plan and execute pre-sales support, including conducting technical seminars. Responds to customer or in-house requests for information and assistance.
This is a field based position. The territory includes Chicago, Indianapolis, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.
Preference for candidate to be located in Chicago or Indianapolis.
• Support LightCycler, MagNA Pure, and AVENIO Milliset instruments, as well as AVENIO ctDNA assay and server
• Collaborate with Sales to conduct pre-sales seminars and other activities to drive new reagent and instrument sales.
• Coordinate logistics and scheduling of installation and/or training for customers
• Conduct initial workflow, software, and/or hardware training for customers
• Provide additional training and support of additional applications to ensure successful integration into customer’s workflow
• Leverage knowledge and experience in territory to anticipate, identify, and support technical issues for installed customer base
• Coordinate troubleshooting efforts with in-house Support and Service Engineers to ensure timely problem resolution
• Provide feedback from customers and act as customer advocate
• Collaborate with Sales, Support, Service, and Contract Management as required to achieve a satisfied customer base.
• Maintain total commitment to Roche Quality Systems policies and procedures through daily activities and satisfactory completion of all required training
• Maintain commitment to Roche competencies and values
• Maintain current knowledge of Sequencing and Life Science products and technology developments
• Promote and assure effective communication between all RD personnel
• Actively participate in team meetings with Roche personnel
Who you are:
• Bachelors Degree in Science
• Minimum 3 years demonstrated experience of Molecular Biology/Biochemistry concepts, practices and procedures
• Minimum 3 years experience in sequencing and other genomics technologies
• Knowledge of bioinformatics and NGS data analysis a plus
• Knowledge of qPCR applications and analysis a plus
• Customer support experience strongly preferred
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Willing to travel 50-75% overnight