Who we are:
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity, and on seeing each other’s differences as an advantage. To innovate healthcare, Roche has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing – and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves.
As a member of our Field Applications Specialist team, you will be primarily responsible for providing technical support and expertise to existing and potential customers nationally. The position is based in North Ryde, Sydney. Using your previous experience and provided training, you will install, train and provide troubleshooting assistance for Roche’s Molecular instrumentation and reagent systems.
Who you are:
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
To be successful in this position, our new team member will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Applied Science or similar.
- Experience within a Pathology and/or Molecular Laboratory within the last 3 years.
- Thorough background in Molecular Biology
- Working knowledge and experience in diagnostic and/or research PCR.
- Ability to diagnose applications and operational issues on analytical systems and to successfully resolve issues in a timely manner
- Exceptional communication skills
- Sound business understanding
- Customer focused
- Computer literacy including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
Superior customer service is pivotal to the success of Roche, therefore we expect our new team member to be customer focused, self motivated and enjoy working in a team environment.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Natasha Sumners, HR Officer on 02 9860 2332