This role will provide technical support and consultancy in review, implementation and operations support of Roche’s and Application Integration and Middleware (AIM) infrastructure components and cloud based solutions in native and hybrid modes.
Responsible for both the day-to-day operational support, ensuring that the services provided meet operational targets as defined in OLAs, giving support for the infrastructure components to achieve high availability, performance and reliability while optimizing costs, as well as leading and driving improvements in the infrastructure.
Key activities and deliverable
- Be a technical reference to the team, and coach the team as required.
- Provide expert technical consultancy to customers (IT Business Partners) and solution integration teams.
- Proactive engagement with other Operations teams.
- Support complex scenarios.
- Participate in internal projects with the role of Expert.
- Lead internal improvement initiatives. Proactively identify opportunities and make proposals.
- Support and proactively seek an active collaboration with Engineering and Architecture areas in all cross activities and initiatives, including life cycle activities, roadmaps, standards, and others.
- Be the subject matter expert in application and integration services (microservices, containers, API, IaC, ...) and cloud based scenarios (private, hybrid, public).
- Assess and adopt improvements from industry best practices (e.g. AWS Well Architected Framework, Azure AAA Guide) into solutions implemented and supported.
- Lead operations support, incident, request, change and problem management aspects of global platforms and services. Including end to end monitoring.
- Automation expertise: drive automation and IaC aggressively leveraging all advanced tools and methodologies, promoting the use of APIs, enabling continuous integration and delivery.
- Develop business and technical know-how within area of expertise for the function.
- Comply with OLAs, and quality and validation requirements.
The following activities are part of the expected tasks for the position and need to be acknowledged by candidate:
- 3rd level escalation point.
- Able to travel as required.
Job skills required
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with a remote and multicultural team, always following a collaborative and supportive approach.
Very strong spoken and written English skills.
Service Orientation: possess a strong customer focus together with a highly responsive service delivery and support ethic.
Technology savvy: be aware of, and able to assess technology and trends objectively.
Strong hands-on technical, operational skills, problem-solving and analytical skills, troubleshooting, capacity planning and root cause analysis.
Able to link strategies with business impact and understand risk profiles for implementation of a strategy and manage ambiguity and change in the strategies.
Software-centric mindset and comfortable with coding. Used to frequent releases and changes. Understand the full software stack. Embrace automation.
Assist and advise on the delivery of applications.
Experience with building, operating and maintaining global complex and scalable systems.
Experience building internal cloud to public cloud integrations is ideal
Qualifications and experience required
More than 8 years of increasing technical IT experience.
Proven experience with automation and configuration tools, Ansible, Bitbucket, etc.
At least one end to end cloud SaaS /PaaS / IaaS implementation project.
Expert knowledge of implementing and supporting complex integration platforms: Tibco, Sterling B2B, Aspera, Mulesoft, in complex and global solutions.
Knowledge of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI), API & iPaaS Management, Cloud, Microservices, AWS Serverless Architecture
Experience with implementing end-end monitoring and tools.., ELK, Splunk etc.
Security Awareness: knowledge in Cloud security and networking services as they relate to applications, data and services such as VPN, F/W, IDS/IPS and high bandwidth connectivity to DCs.
Development background is a nice to have, in addition to scripting skills (shell scripting, python, …).
Familiarity with using development pipeline in support of the services/solutions (Git, Jenkins, Jira, …), and agile methodologies (scrum).
Considered a plus, experience in a variety of technologies like Cassandra, AWS DynamoDB, Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Elasticsearch, Machine Learning, Spark, Hadoop.
Desirable experience with ServiceNOW, scripting, CMP.
IT Service management, ITIL certifications desirable.
At Roche, we believe in diversity and inclusion as essential values for our success. We have special interest in integrating people with disabilities into our teams. If you have a disability, for us it is a plus, and we have special benefits for you: Go ahead and present your candidacy!