SW DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER (JAVA)
Main tasks and duties:
The SWE designs, implements and tests software components operating under minimal supervision in projects and product maintenance following Roche SIS standards and procedures. The SWE provides technical advice to the new or less experienced members of the team.
- Support actively good spirit and collaboration within the team and the entire organization
- Performs SW-engineering tasks in adherence with the established procedures and guidelines. This includes:
- Design of units and components meeting the technical requirements (functional and non-functional)
- Implementation of the design into code
- Implementation and performance of SW-tests on unit and integration level
- Provisioning of documentation on all levels (code, unit, test, …)
- Supporting the system tests and global support organization (3th level support) by:
- Analyzing incidents, problems and defects
- Fixing SW-defects
- Provisioning of patches and releases
- Participation in sprint planning by:
- Analyzing the product backlog items
- Estimating the work effort for sprint backlog
- Committing to the sprint backlog
- Participation in the sprint evaluation
- Support the presentation of the sprint deliverables
- Supporting continuous improvement by providing feedback in the sprint retrospective
- Provide work status and issue notification to appropriate project members and line management as requested
- Support when required the projects and product maintenance in the full range of the SW-development process as it is defined in SIS DPIB
- Follow industry standard applications development techniques and practices
- Communicate effectively in English and Spanish
Additional tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- To permanently optimize processes to increase quality and efficiency standards.
Nice to have
- Experience with HL7/ASTM communication protocol will be considered.
- Experience in Unit testing / Integration testing / Automated Testing.