ERP Enterprise Architect
The Future ERP Roadmap is a multi-year program which aims at defining and developing the functional ERP roadmaps in order to simplify, standardize and automate business processes and systems leveraging SAP’s, industry and available Roche best practices.
This role belongs to the ERP Digital Core & Integration team under Roche ERP organization. In this hands-on role, you will work closely with the ERP Digital Core team, other architects in different Informatics organizations, solution architects in different ERP teams, inside and outside the program and most importantly with the business to develop and maintain the roadmap based on the vision of the program. You are expected to collaborate, challenge and help create, change, maintain and improve existing standards and guidelines of Roche to achieve the business transformation vision and goals.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Engage with stakeholders from various levels of the organization both in business and IT to understand and translate architecture requirements into an aligned, cross-functional and cross-divisional Future ERP roadmap
- Assess technologies and trends in a methodical way and guide stakeholders in the use of these technology and trends to enable transformation objectives
- Coordinate/work with other architects, ensure new solutions being proposed and designed are aligned and consistent with defined future roadmaps, within Roche approved standards and interdependencies managed
- Identify the organizational, operational sustainability and financial impacts of defined strategies; analyze gaps to create a risk profile for the proposed strategy.
- Capture, document and model (if applicable) architecture requirements
- Contribute in creating and maintaining ERP architecture strategy, vision and guidelines in alignment with various architecture bodies in the Roche Group
- Lead and inspire transformation through the use of technology by conducting assessments, leading and/or participating in PoC’s and facilitating the launch of the technology
- Actively guide and mentor solution architects during the proof of concept and implementation
- Drive for simplification, harmonization and reuse from architecture perspective whenever possible
For this position, you bring the following qualification and skills:
- University Degree or equivalent education and/or work experience in computer science, software engineering or similar field, preferably with experience working in the Pharmaceutical industry – global environment
- Broad and strong experience in area Enterprise Application Architecture preferably ERP with solid technical skills in different domains (application, middleware, integration, databases, UI cloud, analytics, etc)
- Strategic thinker yet someone with operational service design experience
- In depth knowledge of Architectural principles from contextual through to implementation
- Strong knowledge of integration patterns, including a practical understanding of API and microservice event-driven architectures
- Demonstrate understanding of cloud and hybrid integration as well as broad understanding of the capabilities that enable these architectures.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills across all areas and levels
- Major transformation stakeholder management skills involving both external and internal parties
- Passion in the simplification and standardization of complex processes and IT systems
- Flexibility to work outside of normal working hours and work virtually
- Availability to travel occasionally
- Knowledge of regulated environment, Computer System Validation and experience in ITIL are desirable
- Excellent English language skills, additional languages, e.g. Chinese, German, French or Spanish are an asset