As “Senior Director External Manufacturing” you will be a member of the Diabetes Care Operations Leadership team. You and your team will ensure that Roche Diabetes Care has the needed external contract manufacturing partners and internal product support organization to ensure optimal cost, quality and supply of our diabetes care products. You will lead a global team of partner managers, project leaders and manufacturing engineers who will bring manufacturing expertise into product development projects, transfer product design into manufacturing, and lead engineering projects in order to support the organization`s external manufacturing goals and objectives. The responsibilities of the function will involve the following:
· You develop, implement and evolve the external manufacturing strategy to support the existing and future Roche Diabetes Care product portfolio
· You lead, manage and develop a global team of manufacturing and product support professionals based in Mannheim and Indianapolis
· You work closely with contract manufacturing partners to meet the technical specifications, good manufacturing practices, capacity requirements and quality expectations of the organization including Quality Supply Chain, Product Management and R&D functions.
· You establish methods to actively monitor and manage manufacturing capacity and process performance including field issue data gathering, analysis and related response plans
· Your prioritize product issues and improvements in order to ensure rapid response and recovery
· You actively support manufacturing partner selection processes and ensure regular oversight and review of partner organization performance through cross-functional, formal business reviews
· You ensure the development and execution of cost-effective and flexible manufacturing equipment and tooling strategies
· You support your team by developing their technical, leadership and communication skills to meet the needs of the portfolio
· Furthermore you ensure and manage global budgets and reporting associated with engineering projects
Who you are:
You are an agile and flexible people leader with a passion for the business and our people practices. As a role model for our Leadership Commitments, you are an excellent communicator with the ability to influence at all levels and to manage key stakeholder groups.
You have extensive experience in influencing business and people solutions and of leading and implementing change. You are powered by enabling and driving transformation towards agility and digitization while engaging the organization and advocating for new ways of working, empowerment and shaping a learning mindset embracing future skills.
· Degree in business or related discipline required
· Minimum of 8 years of relevant leadership experience within a manufacturing/production environment, ideally in the pharmaceutical and/ or medical devices industries.
· Strong strategic and leadership ability for a multifunctional environment with proven capability to interact with all levels of the organization in a professional manner
· Strong knowledge of manufacturing approaches, principles and control systems.
· Strong interpersonal skills and an analytical, collaborative approach to problem solving.
· Experience of leading teams across different sites and in a matrix organization
· Experience in developing project teams to perform in agile development
· Demonstrated leadership, including active listening, coaching and mentoring skills
· Extended communication skills, solution orientation, and ability to influence and inspire people
Apply now - we are looking forward to it! Please send us your documents in English.
Contact for applicants
Answers to technical questions are provided by our FAQ.
For content/recruiting - specific questions regarding the job advertisement, please contact the responsible recruiter (Luise Kern, 0621 759 69868).
For a complete application, please add a current CV, a letter of motivation suitable for the position and relevant references. Please note that no further documents can be added later before sending your application.