Roche Diagnostics has created a new start-up business charged with building a modern software stack that will change the way patients are cared for. Our challenge is to bring together complex diagnostic and treatment data from medical devices and IT systems within a hospital and intelligently process and present this data to doctors and care-givers to improve patient care.
We are looking for candidates with a deep understanding of modern SaaS architecture and experience across the full stack with a “create tools not band-aids” DevOps mindset. If you would rather improve health outcomes for millions instead of helping sell ads on the Internet, this is the job for you!
You'll get to build a SaaS business from the ground up with the ability to influence the product and architecture and lots of opportunities for growth. Plus you’ll get to work side by side with a team of world-class doctors and researchers who want to impact global healthcare delivery.
The job…. The DevOps Engineer is a key member in engineering and devops groups and will apply knowledge of design principles, practices in the implementation of complex, enterprise-scale software systems. General responsibilities include design concept generation, participating in and leading design reviews for components or features, development and testing of the core software stack, and reliability testing.
What you’ll be doing….
● Software Development: This is a software development position to write high quality software that will perform at scale, be supportable, and be extensible.
● Process & Operations: Ensure the software stack integrates with our existing CI pipeline and contribute to continuous improvement; independently design, plan and deliver high quality software
● Leadership: Ensure a culture that values technical excellence together with support and compassion for individuals
● Evangelism: A a key evangelist, you will work to evangelize a healthy DevOps software development practice within the Roche Engineering Community
● Experience in overall areas in DevOps including CI/CD with build & release, Internal tooling and production operations.
● Build and operation tools that monitor backend production, Make sure backend services scale economically, Develop tooling framework, Help the dev team resolve production issues
● Experience automating using infrastructure as code: AWS Cloudformation, Terraform or AWS Python/Boto API (or equivalent).
● Hands on automation development using configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef or Saltstack.
● Hands on System Administration experience with unix based systems including experience with r system configuration and networking (DNS, DHCP, rout tables and routing).
● 8+ years experience in software industry. Preferred to have prior AWS experience
● Bachelor's Degree
● Comfortable developing and reviewing AWS IAM and resource policies with a proven ability to demonstrate this
● Experience deploying or managing large scale distributed Unix environments Partake in an on-call rotation alongside the engineers who build our production backends, Comfortable with large scale production systems and technologies, including: load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, and/or configuration management.
● Experience in contemporary platforms extended from cloud such as docker containers, Mesos and/or Kubernetes.
● Experience in production operations including logging and monitoring.
● Experience in NOC (Network operation center) and previous SRE experience is a big plus.
● 5+ years hands on experience with other cloud providers such as Google or Azure.
● Scripting exp. highly desired, using shell, python, ruby or similar languages.