Provides expert advice and guidance to drive the consistent application of strategies that resolve difficult and/or sensitive work place matters. Works in consultation with Ethics & Compliance and Legal to promote the consistent application of HR policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal and state employment laws and regulations. Collaborates with other HR functional areas to develop and implement integrated employee relations strategies that are consistent with business goals and objectives. This role requires significant interactions HR Business Partners, employees, leaders, senior business leaders, external vendors and/or various other internal stakeholders. Advises company management in policy and program matters, and/or management in making or recommending appropriate decisions.
A seasoned professional with wide-ranging experience. Deals with diverse and often times complex issues, where analysis may require in-depth evaluation of many factors. Exercises judgment in evaluating methods and may determine criteria for obtaining solutions. May coordinate the activities of other employees. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in area of expertise as well as some key contacts outside area of expertise.
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
- Primary investigator of employee complaints, including, but not limited to those involving allegations of discrimination, sexual harassment and or/hostile work environment.
- Conducts internal investigations in response to employment related complaints; provides guidance on effective performance management strategies and corrective action.
- Leads projects that drive operational excellence across Employee Relations processes and procedures.
- Leverages metrics to analyze and monitor employee and leadership concerns and makes recommendations to promote effective workplace practices.
- Identifies process opportunities, challenges, and solutions.
- Delivers Human Resources and management training on Employee Relations subjects.
- Builds strong partnerships with key internal organizations and stakeholders. Regularly influences and interacts with a network of local, regional and/or global COEs and HRBPs to achieve organization and business unit goals.
- Ensures processes follow strict compliance with legal and regulatory bodies. Ensures processes are compliant with Roche group standards (e.g. Roche Code of Conduct, Business Ethics Incident Reporting Directive).
- Strong partner to HR Servicing organization to ensure HR Call Center has necessary content and knowledge to respond to Employee Relations calls.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Human Resources or related field
- 5+ years of human resource management experience addressing Employee Relations matters, to include leading high-level, complex company investigations and developing recommended courses of action to remediate substantiated claims
- Demonstrated passion for the practice and impact of effective employee relations
- Experience with company employee engagement programs
- Strong business acumen, process development and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in customer relations, building partnerships and managing stakeholders at all levels, including C-Suite executives
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Demonstrated ability in prioritizing multiple projects
- Expert knowledge of related federal / state / local laws and regulations
- Experience working in a matrixed global environment preferred
- Strong negotiation and global stakeholder management skills preferred