The Vendor Manager works directly with the Vendor Management Lead to build a world class Vendor Management Organization for Roche Diagnostics’ Solution Integration and Services (SIS) function. This is a key role that ensures a holistic vendor acquisition lifecycle that is effectively managed to drive innovation while maximizing our investments. The ideal candidate has a flair for stakeholder management and a proven ability to maintain effective vendor relationships in complex global matrix environments.
Partner & Vendor Manager (P&VM) takes ownership of, and is accountable for streamlined interactions between internal and external stakeholders. We work closely together with our internal partners/departments/teams and strive to be the trusted advisor and natural go-to partner for vendor relationship matters. Roche SIS is currently in the process of transforming its P&VM function to become truly embedded in the business and able to execute on the above. The Vendor Manager is a high-visibility role that will orchestrate vendor interactions that create symbiotic relationships between vendors and SIS, ultimately creating a climate that fosters innovation.
Effective engagement of partners and vendors is recognized as a key enabler in SIS’ evolution towards becoming a provider of integrated solutions. As Vendor Manager with responsibility focus on our Global Customer Service (GCS), you will establish symbiotic and value-driving relationships between SIS and our vendors. You will orchestrate and ensure internal alignment to drive synergies and you will be end-to-end accountable for the vendor engagement lifecycle for your assigned vendors and internal customer groups! In addition, you will support our internal stakeholders early on drafting their challenges based on your expertise and your knowledge about our vendor base.
What to expect
You will find a challenging, positive and stimulating multicultural working environment. You will be working closely together with highly motivated colleagues from a variety of backgrounds that share a passion for creating technology that improves lives. As part of the SIS team you will have a major impact on how we transform and shape P&VM, and representing the SIS organization in front of our key vendors.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of trust-based and symbiotic relationships with key vendors, presenting Roche with one voice by conducting all vendor interactions
- Build and promote effective working relations- and partnerships with vendors as partners to ensure value delivery for the outsourced investment
- Support the effective management of the vendor relationship lifecycle end-to-end (incl. contract lifecycle)
- Engage with vendors to contribute innovative ideas & improvements and challenge assumptions
- Foster externally driven innovation and enhance the information exchange with externals
- Support the P&VM engagement in the business strategy formulation to ensure early-involvement of the external perspective and understanding of business requirements
- Support the formulation and operational embedment of the Roche SIS Sourcing Strategy
- Continuously support the improvement of the P&VM governance framework and methodologies
- Continuously assess vendor performance based on KPI`s (Value Contribution, Innovation and Relationship), support the derivation and implementation of actions to ensure the vendor performance and continuously develop the vendors and the relationship
- Continuously drive spend consolidation towards preferred vendors
- Regular alignment with and conduction between key stakeholders
- Work within the Roche SIS, sometimes Roche Diagnostics, as appropriate, to identify and, in some cases lead, cross-functional, cross-BA projects and initiatives to improve vendor relationships and generate productivity and savings
- Constructively challenge business requirements and drive business-case mindset
- Assess and select potential vendors to provide vendor shortlist based on business requirements (e. g. ensure fit-for-purpose and on-time creation of RfX documents)
- Ensure fit-for-purpose contract development (derived from business requirements)
- Drive complex and ample cross-functional sourcing initiatives
To be successful in this role, you need to bring:
- A relevant bachelor degree with significant exposure to similar environments; Relevant postgraduate degree is definitely advantageous
- Significant experience working in a complex international multicultural environment. Experience within the pharmaceutical / life sciences industry is a plus
- A proven track record of delivering Vendor Management services across the entire lifecycle, with an appetite for innovative approaches
- Strong proven stakeholder management skills at senior management level, a bridge-builder
- Change agent with gravitas that is able to positively influence stakeholders and colleagues, also without mandate or reporting lines
- Excellent soft skills, highly empathetic, and an effective communicator
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is essential. Fluent in German is an asset.