1. Short description
As Head of IT Taiwan, you are a strategic business partner to the general manager and the affiliate leadership team. You are accountable to drive success for the affiliate to meet business goals by engaging in business strategies, and aligning information and technology as a key driver of success. To do this, you will be naturally curious, excel in cross functional collaborations, be entrepreneurial and innovative in approach to proactively identify and solve business problems, and lead a team of highly engaged IT professionals.
Collaboration, cooperation and influence within a matrix organisation will be a key to success. Consistent and reliable operations and services, and the delivery of successful projects to the affiliate is the foundation for this position, even when not delivered by your team. To build on this foundation, you will build or broker world class solutions and services from regional and global teams.
As a member of the APAC IT Cluster Leadership team, extended regional leadership and of the overall Pharma Informatics organisation, you are part of driving regional strategy and implementing standards for the overall success of Taiwan and the region. Knowing technology, seizing the opportunities, being entrepreneurial and agile, being the best, and demonstrating confidence, are key to our ambition to lead us into the future.
2. Principle Roles and Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- IT Business Partner to the Taiwan affiliate and deliver world class commercial business and digital solutions
- Lead in strategy development that delivers business value through innovation and vision that shapes the future of Pharma business. (PHC 2.0, Digital and etc.)
- Execution with strong external and industry acumen and network (including partners and vendors)
- Advise on current and evolving technologies and digital trends in order to develop short and long-term business plans for the continued evolution of business, customer and healthcare solutions
- Excellence in people leadership with a strong focus on skills, experience, and career development, mentoring, coaching, and enabling a high performance, engaging and cohesive team environment that extends across the affiliate functions
- Deliver and operate an integrated set of applications and information services in Taiwan that drives commercial excellence, process harmonization and simplification, and excellent user experiences
- Provide Adoption Services to Taiwan, building a capability that ensures users gain maximum benefit from our IT service offering
- Drive the adoption and effectiveness of our Pharma Informatics Operating Model
- Partner with business and IT stakeholders to develop compelling solution and platform strategies, business cases and proposals
- Enable effective portfolio management and lifecycle management in collaboration with the PMO that facilitates effective investment and decision making
- Strong contribution to the Cluster team & APAC IT
- Drive strong partnerships with internal IT stakeholder groups including Global Infrastructure & Solutions, Application Development and Delivery, IT Quality and Security (RGITSC, SP&A, AEO, SQPR), Diagnostics, and the broader Pharma Informatics organisation
- Budget accountability for local site and contribution to regional financial targets
- Manage vendor relationships, costs, licensing and related activities; ensure that vendors meet performance expectations and contract provisions
- Continually enhance operational efficiency to ensure maximum investment in value adding activities
- Maintain knowledge of current and evolving technologies in order to develop long-term strategic plans for the continued support of existing or future applications and end users.
3. Main business partnerships
- GM and Country Leadership Team
- Affiliate (End-) Users
- External business partners collaborating with the affiliate
4. Main collaborations within Group and Pharma Informatics
- IT APAC (especially Cluster Team, Regional Application and User Services, and PMO)
- IT Global Architecture & Engineering, Shared Platforms & Applications, IT Global Services – service demand & supply management and deployment planning, GPS, IT PD/PT/PP – service demand management and deployment planning
- Diagnostics & Group IT for related IT service provisioning