Leads the development of market plan and/or launch programs to create demand and maximize sales of a specific segment/product, product line, or customer segment/product area. Leads or provides leadership for activities such as business development, product/brand management, product launch, advertising, public relations, market research, pricing, forecasting, and/or product strategy implementation to achieve marketing objectives. Responsible for or supports the product lifecycle planning. Develops production and marketing strategies to insure effective product placement relative to market opportunity. Develops marketing plans by translating them into operational and profit plans to achieve and/or enable market growth and objectives. Leads the analysis, evaluation, in order to make decisions on marketing actions. Researches market conditions and preferences in local, regional, or national areas to determine potential products and services. Develops overall objectives and long range goals of the assigned area. May develop all marketing deliverables for product commercialization and lead development of product labeling required for development, initial launch and global launch.
Assist the Director or senior leadership in overall operations of assigned department(s). Contributes and achieves results through the management of subordinates (professional and support staff). Establishes and manages the department's budget and all assigned resources. Provides leadership to ensure department objectives and goals are achieved. Directs and implements tactical plans. Has full discretion on all employment decisions for department staff including hiring, training, performance management, and progressive disciplinary actions.
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
The Group Marketing Manager – Point Of Care will:
- Lead the development and implementation of the marketing strategies, tactics, and initiatives, ensuring that all key business processes are executed as designed and ensuring an overall alignment to goals. Develop metrics and analytics to drive the development of strategies and tactics to attain organizational goals. Serves as the global liaison for marketing strategies, tactics, and providing support for marketing plans. Monitors competitors to gather information in the areas of products, pricing, and resource deployment.
- Develops corporate short and long-term goals, and objectives for specific product or product line. Determines the profitability and viability of new products or product enhancements. Develops production and marketing strategies and tactics to ensure effective product placement relative to market opportunity, working closely with product development for a specific product, brand, or product area over its entire life cycle
- May direct market research to develop and communicate business and customer insights and information. May direct Human Factors testing to understand/identify customer insights, requirements, & preferences for product features/design and marketing strategies. May work independently or with a team to design, implement, analyze, and communicate findings.
- Interacts with and/or provides direction to engineering, manufacturing, sales, and/or product development teams across various business areas/departments to enhance existing product(s) or product line(s). May develop marketing deliverables for product commercialization including leading development of user documents and labeling required for product development and launches. Responsible for all promotions, value creations, positioning, and competitive analysis
- Directs the development of marketing programs for assigned area(s). Responsible for assessment of existing and potential markets, product lifecycle planning, coordination of technical product development, development of product strategies, definition of promotional activities, establishment of pricing strategies and product launch. May implement multiple channel programs; and directing the development of company market requirements for specific product(s) or product line(s).
- Responsible for establishing the creative direction and driving within the team and all outside vendors ensuring compliance with brand guidelines and all other policies and procedures. Develop solutions that support and align with marketing objectives and are consistent with our established strategy.
- Create and drive strong linkage to other functional areas, business areas, and global colleagues, to ensure achievement of objectives with successful stakeholder management and effective resolution of issues. Develop and maintain strong relationships with key customers and other key external individuals.
- Train and provide ongoing coaching and performance management to support continual enhancement in overall productivity and career development of all direct reports.
- Ensure the Roche quality policy is understood, implemented, and maintained. Assist the director in quality planning to drive continuous improvements and changes of the quality system to ensure ongoing effectiveness and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales, or related business or scientific field.
- 5 years of progressive marketing experience or equivalent work experience.
- 1 year of previous management or supervisory experience.
- Proficient in customer segmentation, as well as product, environment, and value creation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to motivate and influence in a positive manner
- Proven record of multi-tasking and ability to handle a high-pressure environment with significant timeline pressures
- Excellent leadership qualities, including motivating others, team building, and credibility